Help Wanted Dental Technician needed for Digital Dental production - Seattle

C

ChiJug49

Reaction score
This posting is for a lab technician with experience in CAD/CAM production of dental products. You will be working as a contract technician with the Department of Veterans Affairs and possible long term hire. Please click on the link for details:

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
why don't you guys contact Matt at Bates Tech DL program

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
I think you might have a hard time finding someone with an array of skills that vast for the salary you're offering, especially in an expensive city like Seattle.

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I think you might have a hard time finding someone with an array of skills that vast for the salary you're offering, especially in an expensive city like Seattle.
Anyone who can do everything that they are asking for can command twice the salary that they are offering.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Anyone who can do everything that they are asking for can command twice the salary that they are offering.
Pretty much.

Looking for a technician who can fabricate dentures, partials, veneers, crowns, PFMs, casts gold, nightguards, ortho, fixed/removable models. Also needs to be proficient in cad design and cam. At least 1 year of experience and CDT. Also expected to run inventory, educate, treatment plan and run maintenance on all equipment.

$30/hr

Need to think about doubling that salary.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
dept of Vet affairs..
this is an entry lvl position.. that area is flooded with technicians who work for much less starting out. the difficulty is getting hired with backgroung checks and all that... i wouldn't be discounting this position if i were an entry lvl tech in tacoma. this would be a great tech start

entry lvl techs in that area can do most processes because the school is there.. doesn't mean they are proficient or good at it.
also, you would learn alot.

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
dept of Vet affairs..
this is an entry lvl position.. that area is flooded with technicians who work for much less starting out. the difficulty is getting hired with backgroung checks and all that... i wouldn't be discounting this position if i were an entry lvl tech in tacoma. this would be a great tech start
Ok, maybe for entry level, but the job description doesn't sound entry level. They're asking for CDT among all of the rest.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Ok, maybe for entry level, but the job description doesn't sound entry level. They're asking for CDT among all of the rest.
yep.. a CDT designation isn't difficult to obtain simply because the school and testing for the RG goes along with the education from Bates. anyone leaving the school can obtain a CDT pretty quickly if they have the aptitude..

also, there are literally 20 labs within a few miles.. anyone leaving school at an entry level position would make 13 an hr and be grinding sinter state for an eternity... believe me, i know.

also, this i believe, is a hospital.. a tech would be exposed to everything clinical as well.. this is an amazing opportunity for the right person.. if i were new to this, i'd jump on this. don't easily discount it.

Last edited:
C

ChiJug49

Reaction score
I think that the job posting indicates qualifications and job duties that may difficult to screen for in our industry today. The Department of Veterans Affairs (also DOD) operate their hospital based dental clinics a little differently than private labs. The technician is expected to perform many different tasks due to clinic/lab dynamic and these could include admin tasks as well. But I agree that pay compensation should be higher as well!

S

Salma

Reaction score
Did you have Any luck with that? I’m an international dentist with Sufficient years of digital dentistry experience can you contact me.
Thanks