Dental tech journal

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Hi
is there any dental tech monthly journal?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Not free, difficult to pay here.

edit: but if it's worth it I may manage to pay some how
Honestly there are a few articles that are a nice read, but nothing in them that you cannot find the answer elsewhere.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Adi, send me your email and I can send you as many books as you want.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Adi, send me your email and I can send you as many books as you want.
Thanks a lot Affinity, maybe if you have something about smile design or so.

I was thinking of monthly journals because they could have articles on new materials, like 3D Pro zirconia for example.
[email protected]
Thanks again

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I was thinking of monthly journals because they could have articles on new materials,
So, the Dental Dialogue/Spectrum publication is usually pretty up to date. Although it is not monthly, anymore, it has articles from all over the world. Subscription is available here: https://www.palmerimediagroup.com/subscription-dialogue

Look into Quintessence's QDT, too, which is a yearly publication, but with high quality articles.

If you want to know what is new, check this link: https://www.dentalproductsreport.com/ They also have a physical version.

Or, as mentioned above, LMT is always good to have in the Lab

Adi

Adi

Reaction score

Share on
Abstract
Purpose
To assess the effect of CAD-CAM technique (monolithic, CAD-on, or CAD-on cemented) and thermomechanical fatigue on the marginal discrepancy and fracture load of ceramic crowns.

Material and Methods
A total of 90 brass master dies were fabricated to investigate marginal adaptation and fracture load. A mandibular first molar crown's median measurements were loaded into CAD software and divided into 2 crown design groups: Monolithic (M)(IPS e.max zirCAD)(n = 30) or CAD-on core (IPS e.max zirCAD) and lithium disilicate veneer (IPS e.max CAD) (n = 60). The crowns and cores were milled, seated on their respective dies, and marginal discrepancy values were measured by using microcomputed tomography. After veneers were milled, the cores in veneer groups were divided into 2 groups; veneers bonded with fusion glass-ceramic (IPS e.max CAD Crystal) in CAD-on group (CO) and CAD-on cemented group (CO-C) where veneers were cemented (RelyX U200) onto cores (CO-C). The marginal discrepancy measurements were remade and the crowns were subjected to thermomechanical fatigue (TMF) by using a chewing simulator and thermocycling (5–55°C, 1,200,000 cycles). Marginal discrepancy measurements were repeated and the crowns were subjected to fracture load test by using a universal test device. Data were analyzed statistically by analysis of variance (ANOVA) and Tukey's honestly significant difference test (α = 0.05).

Results
All crown groups had similar marginal discrepancy before veneering. Veneering and cementation on die increased the marginal discrepancy of crowns in cemented CAD-on group. Thermomechanical fatigue increased the marginal discrepancy of both CAD-on groups. Monolithic crown group had the lowest marginal discrepancy after thermomechanical fatigue (P<0.001),and the highest fracture load (P<0.001)

Conclusions
Fabrication technique affected the marginal fit and fracture load of CAD-CAM crowns after thermomechanical fatigue. All crowns survived the thermomechanical fatigue test without dislodgement or fracture. Monolithic crowns had the best fit and highest fracture load after fatigue testing. The CAD-on systems had similar marginal discrepancies, and static loading reproduced veneer chipping.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Monolithic (M)(IPS e.max zirCAD)(n = 30) or CAD-on core (IPS e.max zirCAD) and lithium disilicate veneer (IPS e.max CAD) (n = 60).

I know monolithic, but what does
CAD-on core means?

and what's n=30 or 60?

D

DianaZ

Reaction score
The CAD-on core refers to the zirconia framework in the CAD-on technique (lithium disilicate is veneered over the framework) and "n" is just the number of samples of each type. Hope this helps - looks like an interesting study!

Top Bottom