Dental System - scanning implant for Nobel Universal Base NP

P

Phillip Schibli

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which scan body (position locator) to use in lab for the Nobel Universal Base Narrow Platform?
I have tried using the ELOS IO 2B-A SA but it seems to only be for ELOS ti-bases

Thanks,
Phil

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
They only thing nobel has of their own in the DIM's. There are two different libraries, one says Elos the other Says Nobel. But they both still use the elos Ti base i nobel packaging and elos scan body.

How are you scanning it IO or desktop? There are three different scan bodies. All desktop scanbodies are for the libraries without IO in them. The IO scan bodies have a taper to them near the neck. But the SA if for the conical connection and non SA is for replace. But Nobel draws great confusion when dealing with their scanbodies. You are not the only one, lol.

P

Phillip Schibli

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Sevan!

Sorry I forgot to mention it is a conical connection. I'm scanning on desktop, however according to the Nobel sales rep intraoral and desktop use the same scan flag.. I'm beginning to think that is incorrect!
I'll have to do some more digging. You would think they'd make it easier!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Sevan!

Sorry I forgot to mention it is a conical connection. I'm scanning on desktop, however according to the Nobel sales rep intraoral and desktop use the same scan flag.. I'm beginning to think that is incorrect!
I'll have to do some more digging. You would think they'd make it easier!
No IO is about 1mm taller, be careful!

Top Bottom