Dental Lab prices

MrSae

MrSae

Reaction score
Hello,

I know all or most labs have their personalized price structures and packages. But as I'm doing some research how prices are on USA and rest of the world market, I would like to do a little survey here if you don't mind.

Can you please tell me your average prices and geographical position?

Prices for:
-all zirconia crown
-metal-ceramic crown
-zirconia-ceramic crown

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
MrSae, I would suggest that you search previous threads on this issue and do your research from that.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Check in LMT or NADL.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score

40.6700° N, 73.9400° W

Prices for:
-all zirconia crown 18228.05 Rupees
-metal-ceramic crown 29,500.00 Yen
-zirconia-ceramic crown 1,716.9 Pesos

Thanks.

D

danalab

Reaction score
I don't want to know about your prices but I would like some suggestions or formulas for estimating my cost of doing business. Is there a spreadsheet or some kind of template that is out there that I can go by? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I know all or most labs have their personalized price structures and packages. But as I'm doing some research how prices are on USA and rest of the world market, I would like to do a little survey here if you don't mind.

Prices for:
-all zirconia crown
-metal-ceramic crown
-zirconia-ceramic crown

what you are likely to find is a very large price discrepancy between North american and EU prices, and an even bigger discrepancy between that and most of Asia.

however what you will also find is Supply companies like Dentsply and Nobel and some others directly competing with dental labs. this has forced price wars in places where labs are densely packed (like Toronto or Los Angeles) but has dwindled unit numbers for labs in smaller cities no matter what country you are from.

the specifics of the graph don't really matter then, as proximity and shipping costs factor into everyone's cost of doing business.

it makes no sense to have a crown made in Toronto and shipped to Venezula due more to time lost and cost of shipping, than to direct unit cost (unless it was almost free).

it does make sense the other way aroud however; to pay locally higher prices and save the time and cost of shipping overseas. money is saved in the short and long term (if quality can be acheived)

if you are merely fishing for prices to make undercuts, you are not viewing your business from your customer's perspective; if you think you are the most worthwhile lab to send cases to, then you'll have more sales if you can prove to me your lab is worth the investment. at that point prices don't much make a difference, bcause i should think your lab is worth paying more for your product.

i should never want to pay less just because its cheaper to pay less. that's bad business.

from a cost-per-unit basis however, everyone who is serious about their bottom line will calculate the cost per unit differently; there are 2 methods.

1. add the amount of labourforce paid per 8 hrs, divide by the number of units produced. this is the most accomodating figure of cost per unit because employees cost more than machines. any cost of hydro or material will only add fractions of cost, and will be paid off quickly. employees cost permanently.

2. add the time spent per unit by each labourer, divide by operational cost per day. this method cannot factor remakes because those (the majority of the time) are produced free of charge.

its not right to simply match prices to other labs - your lab might cost more to operate.

but even a 1000$ crown can wind up costing you money to make. you don't always make money on each unit. that is impossible.

RockyMark

RockyMark

Reaction score
Average price for

-all zirconia crown : $60-$200
-metal-ceramic crown : $40-$125
-zirconia-ceramic crown : $60-250

Price are varies according to location & quality.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
New Prices-
PFZ - $1,000,000.00
Emax - $1,000,000.00
Eat your heart out. :)

J

Jay J

Reaction score
Hello,

Prices for:
-all zirconia crown
-metal-ceramic crown
-zirconia-ceramic crown

Just a thought when determining pricing.
Compete on value not price.

Try to figure out how you can give more for that dollar, rather than compete on price.
If you compete on price you will commodity yourself and get dropped the minute someone else cheaper inevitably comes along. You don't want those type of customers.