Dental lab accused of illegal dental work

G

grantoz

Reaction score
he was probably doing better dentures than most its not like the 1st time someones had sores and ulcers from dentures .the dumbass just didn't refer her soon enough. we in oz had many techs working without a licence so they changed the law to if you could establish that you had been working without a licence and had no problems they grandfathered you to become a prosthetist. later they developed clinical courses for techs to become prothetists its a very good course you had to do about 40 dentures over 2 years it was very thorough you came out qualified to do full and partial dentures .the main thing they teach besides dentures is that you are not a dentist and that anything you see that seems the slightest bit off you refer the patient to a dentist .

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Dude shudda gave her money back...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Obviously this place has been a bastion of quality news reporting since about noon.
--------------
Police said the woman battling cancer been traveling to J & D Dental Lab at 16244 South Military Trail, unit 130, since at least 2009 for dental repairs and learned about it from friends who saw an ad in the newspaper at Kings Point where she lives.
-----
so she's had cancer since 2009?
She's been getting dental repairs...? What the heck is that?

The Guy Was Running Ads In The Newspaper!!
Does no one read thatpaper? To include their own editors?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Not to derail the topic, but here in central Florida there are labs with ads in the local newspaper. Especially around Osceola county, Kissimmee area. I guess advertising is okay as long as you pay the bill.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not to derail the topic, but here in central Florida there are labs with ads in the local newspaper. Especially around Osceola county, Kissimmee area. I guess advertising is okay as long as you pay the bill.
I'd be interssted what a call goes like if you tell them you are a pt and want a denture made...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
what do the ads say? i mean, are they soliciting extractions and such?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would be more concerned with the dental labs accused of doing legal work.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
This is nothing new, search google and there's lab techs making dentures for you, no prescription required. YouTube even has videos showing you how to make your own dentures.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
This is nothing new, search google and there's lab techs making dentures for you, no prescription required. YouTube even has videos showing you how to make your own dentures.
A friend saw this at a local grocery store and sent me the pic.

Attachments

• 8AD7D756-2103-4C2B-A77F-932B276342A0.png
    8AD7D756-2103-4C2B-A77F-932B276342A0.png
    563.4 KB · Views: 55
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know in some places that as long as certain thjngs are not changed a dds does not need to be even 'on duty' to return a remvable. But they must have a license and write a rx.

DrRafiaDentist

DrRafiaDentist

Reaction score
This is very unfortunate for dental lab accused of illegal dental work. We should not messing up with consumers' health.
I am Dr. Rafia Mustafa, and I am 9 years experienced in General Cosmetic Dentist in Dubai. I provides a valued, reliable & trustworthy source of advice that explains dental procedures, treatments, conditions & diseases.

Link removed, please read the rules. Unless you are a site sponsor, there is to be no promoting of your own site, blog, or services.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
This is very unfortunate for dental lab accused of illegal dental work. We should not messing up with consumers' health.
I am Dr. Rafia Mustafa, and I am 9 years experienced in General Cosmetic Dentist in Dubai. I provides a valued, reliable & trustworthy source of advice that explains dental procedures, treatments, conditions & diseases.

Link removed, please read the rules. Unless you are a site sponsor, there is to be no promoting of your own site, blog, or services.

Thanks for removing irrelevant links. What a great mod!

Top Bottom