Dental bench or workstation

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
Hello

I am in the market for a dental bench.

any suggestion for workstation or dental bench? or should I just buy heavy duty industrial workbench and add suction and light?

thank you in advance.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
what tasks do you want to perform at thsi bench and what kind of budget do you have

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
what tasks do you want to perform at thsi bench and what kind of budget do you have

i would like to get L-shape or longer bench for ceramist and regular single bench for metal work or cad designers.

i am not sure about budget as i never purchased the bench before. as long as reasonable?

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
More importantly is the power capability of your wall socket and power supply.

The cheapest way is to purchase a counter-top from Home Depot/Lowes and set on cabinets found on Craig's List. People throw kitchen cabinets away. Make sure to measure height and build for modifications. There are also warehouses filled with professional benches that can be picked up for a discount. From dismantled workshops.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
avoid anything with a "dental" sticker on it. what a bs markup of prices.
just started re-outfitting the lab with better setups and designed an L-shape for the denture guy. if youd like to see pics feel free to shoot me a message and i will send them over. significantly less expensive than dental work stations too

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Go to an ikea if you have one nearby, they have many variations that are modular so you can make it how you want. Dental benches are a ripoff

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Go to an ikea if you have one nearby, they have many variations that are modular so you can make it how you want. Dental benches are a ripoff
i agree. moving forward with 3 more benches from this "non-dental" manufacturer. the benches are gorgeous and about half the price...or less. more options. more versatility.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
avoid anything with a "dental" sticker on it. what a bs markup of prices.
just started re-outfitting the lab with better setups and designed an L-shape for the denture guy. if youd like to see pics feel free to shoot me a message and i will send them over. significantly less expensive than dental work stations too
I know why the denture person needs an L shaped desk/bench. You need to suggest a swivel chair with wheels too. Huge time saver. Also I have 2 low speed handpieces and a quick chuck on my lathe.... really saves time in small increments.... but when you add it up....$$$$ My next bench will be a U shape. High speed lathe, setup, low speed lathe.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I know why the denture person needs an L shaped desk/bench. You need to suggest a swivel chair with wheels too. Huge time saver. Also I have 2 low speed handpieces and a quick chuck on my lathe.... really saves time in small increments.... but when you add it up....$$$$ My next bench will be a U shape. High speed lathe, setup, low speed lathe.
my denture guy was restricted to an L shape due to space in the room hes in....but thats temporary. hes super happy with what he has now though. new denture guy will have a long dual station bench. i can post pics at some point when hes set up

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
my denture guy was restricted to an L shape due to space in the room hes in....but thats temporary. hes super happy with what he has now though. new denture guy will have a long dual station bench. i can post pics at some point when hes set up
The L is perfect for setup. All you do is turn chair and you are in front of noisy lathe and suction, turn back and quiet bunson burner and articulator

Top Bottom