Dekema Sinter just won't heat right dammit!

• Thread starter montgomerylabtech
  • Start date
montgomerylabtech

montgomerylabtech

Reaction score
Hey all. Long time no see. Happy to be back with you wonderful people. :) My Dekema sinter is killing me. It's not heating properly and I've tried literally EVERYTHING in its manual to troubleshoot and fix it. I'm currently staying way past work ours and it's currently 2am and I'm still here at the lab... trying to fix it... but no use. I'm almost about to give up haha. What do you think could be wrong with it? Any replies are appreciated. Thanks! Happy soon 4th!

N

Nazar

Reaction score
Did you check the heating elements wiring?

N

Nazar

Reaction score
Also check the thermocouple, if it is somehow damaged it can make very much problems

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
which model is it? thermocouple or equalizer cable. If you are using the Austromat 6 series those with the touch screen are it doesn't display any error like contact support? Call them up, they will help you troubleshoot. i use the 645i, we had an error, motor not running, replace the thermocouple and the eq cable and bam its just working again.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I think almost every time it's an indication the heating elements are on the way out . I just changed my elements & thermocouple in my Dekema a few months back. ( it's always good idea to have a spare set with a new thermocouple sitting in a cupboard, because they will fail over a big weekend with a bunch of work wanted on tuesday :) )

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Elements no doubt. Get out your wallet $$$ And yea, the spares are handy to have..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but might apply here..
I wanted to add here, I was having an issue with my ceramill therm.. It would show the rate rising but not the temp. Be careful not to just throw new elements at it. I ordered new elements and put them in, worked ok a few times, then it was sometimes ok but it sounded like there was a connection problem. Turned out to be the switch on the door. If its telling the oven the door is open it wont heat up. I just eliminated the switch and spliced the wires together and the solenoid kicked right on and starts heating up. Its a high use switch so it makes sense it would wear out eventually. Something to check out if youre having issues.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but might apply here..
I wanted to add here, I was having an issue with my ceramill therm.. It would show the rate rising but not the temp. Be careful not to just throw new elements at it. I ordered new elements and put them in, worked ok a few times, then it was sometimes ok but it sounded like there was a connection problem. Turned out to be the switch on the door. If its telling the oven the door is open it wont heat up. I just eliminated the switch and spliced the wires together and the solenoid kicked right on and starts heating up. Its a high use switch so it makes sense it would wear out eventually. Something to check out if youre having issues.
That's good to know,,,,, thanks for that information .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah on the therm its a PIA. Its sandwiched between the case and the muffle box, so Im sure its baked. There isnt much to these ovens.. fuse box, solenoid, relay, elements, thermocouple the panel board computer.

Top Bottom