Decision made, Medit t710 and the Asiga, please advise

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Good morning
I'm ready to pull the trigger, could you please recommend a reseller with good support.
Please PM me if you wish to keep it private.

Thanks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
WhipMix for Asiga, and for the Medit tons of good folks out there...Axsys, Chris Brown, Cad-Ray.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Axsys is a great company. I'd have no hesitation going to them for the Medit.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hello Bryce
Thank you for reaching out, I did get the printer from Whipmix. Ordered placed with Sherri.
Thank you
Did go with the pro 4k or the Max?

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Why not get a Phrozen 4K printer. Less than $500

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Hello
I've been following that thread from the start, I might get one.
thank you

Does anyone know for sure if Phrozen build plates are suitable for biocompatible materials? Whats the material of the build plate?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if Phrozen build plates are suitable for biocompatible materials? Whats the material of the build plate?
Should be fine. I'm guessing aluminum. The resin is what you have to judge.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I don't think that is true- I noticed this when exploring Formlabs materials. They state that some resins require the stainless steel platform. Its important to consider your alcohol baths too I think (keeping biocompatible materials in separate baths).

That was my opinion. You should always follow the IFU. But knowing the technology, I would think it is more an issue of sticking to a SS build plate more than some kind of galvanic respone that "turns" the resin bio-incompatible.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
That was my opinion. You should always follow the IFU. But knowing the technology, I would think it is more an issue of sticking to a SS build plate more than some kind of galvanic respone that "turns" the resin bio-incompatible.

Its the ceramic filler in the temp and permanent crown materials abraded the standard aluminum build platform. Interesting idea though, but not the case.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
I don't think that is true- I noticed this when exploring Formlabs materials. They state that some resins require the stainless steel platform. Its important to consider your alcohol baths too I think (keeping biocompatible materials in separate baths).

This is a great point.

Separate washes for biocomp materials is really important, you don't want standard use resins contaminating appliances that go into the mouth. Before UV curing 3D printed parts are porous and can absorb toxic monomers.

Breaking IFU voids biocompatibility. Stay safe everyone.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Its the ceramic filler in the temp and permanent crown materials abraded the standard aluminum build platform. Interesting idea though, but not the case.
Sounds good. :Top:
Of course if it'll wear out aluminum, wonder what it will do in oral environment.

Top Bottom