DCM to STL converter

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
Kara,

The InVesalius software is a DICOM converter. I think most people here will think 3Shape's encoded format of an STL file when they here, 'dcm' as that is the extension 3Shape assigns to their file types.

Jay

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Thanks Kara, I will give this a look see later.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Kara,

The InVesalius software is a DICOM converter. I think most people here will think 3Shape's encoded format of an STL file when they here, 'dcm' as that is the extension 3Shape assigns to their file types.

Jay

Dicom is .dcm. Did I understand you correctly?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Can you convert the Straumann ndml files?

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
Dicom is .dcm. Did I understand you correctly?

All the dicom I've seen is .dicom. .dcm is a proprietary 3Shape format isn't it? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone have a .dcm from a 3Shape scanner they can run through this converter and see?..

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Can you convert the Straumann ndml files?

That is the only one that we convert. Sorry Doug. Sounds like Jay can hook ya up.

Last edited:
karabear

karabear

Reaction score
All the dicom I've seen is .dicom. .dcm is a proprietary 3Shape format isn't it? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone have a .dcm from a 3Shape scanner they can run through this converter and see?..

I believe DICOM files can have other extensions than just .dcm

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I believe DICOM files can have other extensions than just .dcm

No doubt. My self-centeredness simply thinks of 3Shape files rather than dicom files when I see the extension .dcm. I was just trying to avoid some confusion.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
No doubt. My self-centeredness simply thinks of 3Shape files rather than dicom files when I see the extension .dcm. I was just trying to avoid some confusion.

Please don't be hard on yourself. It's all very confusing. I didn't know anything about this til just yesterday when I asked someone, and I used the 3shape scanner for 8 months.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score

I stand corrected....apparently 3Shape has named their files ".dcm", but they are not in anyway related to the true medical .dcm DICOM files. I don't know why 3 Shape named theirs the same, although I can imagine. Sorry for getting everyone excited. You could always try our software. If their output is in points it will work. If it is in polygons, it won't, and it is probably in polygons. (addendum-I just found out it is in triangles so it will not work with ours but Rhino has a Plug-In if you wanna shell out the bucks)

Sorry guys,
k

Last edited:
karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Apparently we do have a dcm to stl converter. Stay tuned

S

smiledesigner713

Reaction score
I have a dcm file that I would like to get converted to an stl. file size is too big for here.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
email to brad(at))************* right now.

We convert. Call if you want faster service,,,,1-877-285-Lava (5282)

We have FTP site to upload if file is too big.

Scott

O

Oneofmany

Reaction score
@j_marks101,

Looks good wil keep it for when i need it :)

@all,
Did Geomagic Piano not function? I can find nothing about it?

Thanks One:cool: