Dandy

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
YES! Sometimes your value is built by others 5hitty business. I plan on doubling my fees if he wants to use me again. I even offered to fix the dandy bridge, he said he appreciated it but wasnt my problem. Keep it up dandy!

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'm not going back to read this thread to see if this has been posted yet, so, I know a local lab that does crowns for Dandy. Evidently those crowns are then sent by Dandy to the dentist as their restorations. The lab gets $30.00 for a crown. How F*ckin' desperate does a lab have to be to do that? BTW, that same lab can't do work for that doc at all. Seems they have a tight contract.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm not going back to read this thread to see if this has been posted yet, so, I know a local lab that does crowns for Dandy. Evidently those crowns are then sent by Dandy to the dentist as their restorations. The lab gets $30.00 for a crown. How F*ckin' desperate does a lab have to be to do that? BTW, that same lab can't do work for that doc at all. Seems they have a tight contract.
Truly Pathetic!!! That's a lab owner that doesn't know business 101, and obviously doesn't come on this forum...with overhead, machines, materials and labor...my manufacturering cost is well over $30 for everything we do...but then again, I pay my folks very well!!!

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Truly pathetic.. you took the words out of my mouth. The Dr thinks hes getting a deal at $99 and a 'free' scanner, but its truly just a $30 turd and theyre paying the lease on the scanner. Laugh Dandy, Let my people go!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new position Sam, I hope it works out for you :)

Last edited:
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe this has been mentioned in the this thread, but do you guys know what scan bodies Dandy is using? Are these Dess scan bodies?

I have a client that sent me a scan with a 'Dandy' scan body for an Implant Direct legacy implant. It definitely is not an Implant Direct scan body, but we think it is a DESS.

Anyway, thanks in advance,

M

K

kenn

Reaction score
Maybe this has been mentioned in the this thread, but do you guys know what scan bodies Dandy is using? Are these Dess scan bodies?

I have a client that sent me a scan with a 'Dandy' scan body for an Implant Direct legacy implant. It definitely is not an Implant Direct scan body, but we think it is a DESS.

Anyway, thanks in advance,

M
It’s usually a 3Shape scan body or a DESS.

K

kenn

Reaction score
@Contraluz We provide different scan bodies if a doctor requests OEM vs generic - if you post a screenshot, I can tell you which scan body it is.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
@Contraluz We provide different scan bodies if a doctor requests OEM vs generic - if you post a screenshot, I can tell you which scan body it is.
Thank you for helping! It does look like an DESS scan body, but I wanted to be sure.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The Dr that used them for awhile showed me dess scan bodies. He had no problem scanning them with the trios, but now cant get any scanbody to scan with his omnicam..

doug

doug

Reaction score
Scan bodies aren't very expensive. I would just buy the account what you want them to use. Saves you from so many headaches and being locked in to products you don't want to use.
We did that with TRUabutment. They even offer 5 free scan bodies to any of your accounts. I matched all of them so they have 2 of each. makes life a lot easier, and yes, it does lock them into using you. Nice move.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
The Dr that used them for awhile showed me dess scan bodies. He had no problem scanning them with the trios, but now cant get any scanbody to scan with his omnicam..
His omnicam may have an issue. We get lots of scans from omnicam and the scan bodies are super clear.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I agree, I told him it was a scanning issue, not the abutments. He never asked me which scanner he should buy, so it sounds like not my problem.

doug

doug

Reaction score
What scanner does Dandy put in the dentists' office?

Top Bottom