Dandy

J

jcbdmd

Reaction score
Are you associated with Dandy, in any form? I'm asking, because this sounds like an advertisement for their services.

Um, no. Did you quote the wrong "review"? Sure you didn't mean to quote the doc that said it was all sunshine and moonbeams?

Yeah, they paid me 25K to tell the world:

"Why use them as the middle man if you are locked into the bulk production market, why not just use a bulk production market lab directly?" lol

That would be some amazing ROI

L

labtek

Reaction score
I am testing this and reporting back to the mother ship. After seeing it first hand there is a market for this. There are dentists who need this push. There are also folks who get their eye exams at Walmart. I am neither.

I agree 100% about the $99 crown...

However, I have already learned a few things I honestly didn't know about IOS in their training. I am going to keep testing, and hopefully soon I can do some more scientific comparisons as well. Hell at this point it has been cheaper than a lot of CE I have taken over the years.

Good stuff
What are a few thing you didn't know about IOS, that you learned in their training??

J

jcbdmd

Reaction score
What are a few thing you didn't know about IOS, that you learned in their training??
I had a big long post get eaten by the site that everyone would skim to the bottom of anyway, so I'll just summarize as: We had a CEREC redcam.

Everything we learned had to be unlearned.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2020-07-03-at-4.06.25-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2020-07-03-at-4.06.25-PM.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 6
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
We had a CEREC redcam

Cdtflb

Cdtflb

Reaction score
Im sorry I'm just seeing this, I'm still loving it! Did you pass the practical and start working here yet? You'll soon find out how everyone here basically nerds out about whatever field they're in here. If you're a tech all the techs here are obsessed with getting everything on point. If you're sales.. well I have to say if I were a fish they could easily sell me some water. And if you're in engineering - their stuff is on point 100% I'm enamored by all of the brilliant minds I'm surrounded with. I am incredibly happy here, there's of course your normal cases you have to troubleshoot but that's with everywhere. Here's the thing about dandy. They treat their employees with such respect and take care of us like we're family (the side you actually like spending time with!). I did not get that at either one of the previous labs I worked at especially the last one..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Since youre so happy there, maybe you should tell us about the big bucks theyre paying you! Or is it just the partner labs theyre getting to work for peanuts?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
One more thing the helps no one on our side of the equation. Single unit dentistry, analog or digital makes no sense to ANYONE looking for any sort of sustainability. Slapping more scanners in offices of cost conscious potential clients and then selling YOU the guise of some sort of volume of work in my opinion is patented to take advantage of dying labs that have been passed buy already and labs that have no ability to do anything to differentiate themself from the masses. ( Yeah that was one hell of a run on sentence)

This venture capitalist that put this together is like the great and wonderful oz behind the curtain spouting off things that the guys struggling want to hear.

Yeah I am not a fan, it just cheapensEVERYTHING we stand for for short term potential revenue that ends in mid term disaster.

D

DentalDude800

Reaction score
LOL one of Dandy’s execs went on Voices From The Bench podcast this week and called out the fact that they’ve read this exact thread. Lurker but had to make an account to let y’all know

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
LOL one of Dandy’s execs went on Voices From The Bench podcast this week and called out the fact that they’ve read this exact thread. Lurker but had to make an account to let y’all know
which episode?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
haha maybe I shouldnt have been so outspoken...

NOTCiao

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
"Our vision is to become the operating system for every dental office in America"

Did they mention this on the podcast? Free promos for our future overlords?

J

jcbdmd

Reaction score
I am still building toward my final review, so no spoilers, but I have decided some things about where it fits with THIS dentist. I think that if they are reading this thread they need to understand that there are people who are open minded and think that there is a huge market for this, just like there are people who it is not EVER going to be the solution for unless the lab communication and choice of lab issues are straightened out.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im thinking of another startup, its called Randy.. focusing on female dentists.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Im sorry I'm just seeing this, I'm still loving it! Did you pass the practical and start working here yet? You'll soon find out how everyone here basically nerds out about whatever field they're in here. If you're a tech all the techs here are obsessed with getting everything on point. If you're sales.. well I have to say if I were a fish they could easily sell me some water. And if you're in engineering - their stuff is on point 100% I'm enamored by all of the brilliant minds I'm surrounded with. I am incredibly happy here, there's of course your normal cases you have to troubleshoot but that's with everywhere. Here's the thing about dandy. They treat their employees with such respect and take care of us like we're family (the side you actually like spending time with!). I did not get that at either one of the previous labs I worked at especially the last one..
I interviewed with them, I got enough of a sketchy impression that I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a fake comment from the owners. I’ve seen them do a bunch of sketchy crap already.

They’ve got fake accounts on subreddits about dental stuff as well that talk the same way as this guy, all singing praises about how good of a product it is. Fishy? I’d say so.

Not only that, but when I interviewed they told me I was the first cad designer they’d be hiring as they had just opened, yet they had “reviews” from dentists about how good there crowns were. How’s that make sense? Overall super sketchy.

They also send work to other labs to “try them out and see how there zirc mills” then they don’t pay there bills. Companies like this don’t last.

Last edited:
Top Bottom