D700 calibration error " No dotplate data"

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It may actually be impossible because I think that glass plate is glued in there.. I would take it apart and look because its of no use as it is.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
after looking at mine, I think you can just unscrew it, resolder it and try again. take it to an electronics shop if you cant solder.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How do you not have a wire on the calibration plate AM? It has to light up to do the calibration

C

chamby61

Reaction score
Bingo! When wires are broken that tends to cause problems. I would be very careful trying to get that apart, but it will need soldered.. You can change which scanner your using, scanserver is for both, are you using 4.1 scanserver?
I use scanserver ver. 4.3.4.1

C

chamby61

Reaction score
after looking at mine, I think you can just unscrew it, resolder it and try again. take it to an electronics shop if you cant solder.
Comrade A. M. says that he doesn't have a cable connected either, I don't know if it's the same one or if it doesn't cause him problems.

C

chamby61

Reaction score
We have a D700 as well, and we don't have a wire on the calibration plate
I had not understood, now it is clear, you do not have any cable, I do have it, it is something different, excuse me.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the *10 scanners have electric cable plugs for the light-up calibration plate and multi-die scan arm attachments. 810/710 scanners.

also, as A.M. pointed out, the scan server software indicates which scanner the driver is recognized. if it is recognized, it means thats the version of the software that can be recognized according to the hardware presented; if your scanner say d700 on the front but the scan server says d640, then despite what exists in real life, the software is going to act as though your scanner is a d640, which could mean it wants the light up plate.

solution is to solve the driver issue. contact your support.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
you can select which scanner you have in scanserver. The route Ive used, and ive had to do it at least 10 times in re-setting up the scanner, is to use the earlier scanserver first if I recall, get that stable, then run the 4.3.4.1 ..

If he had support, he wouldnt be asking here. Why would he have a plug on the calibration plate if the 700 series doesnt use it? Maybe the wrong calibration kit for the scanner? If it has the wire, and the wire is broken, I would fix that first, unless you have no place to plug it in..? make sure the number on the plate matches the number on the scanserver for a start.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's probably still worth 5 k on a trade in.

C

chamby61

Reaction score
you can select which scanner you have in scanserver. The route Ive used, and ive had to do it at least 10 times in re-setting up the scanner, is to use the earlier scanserver first if I recall, get that stable, then run the 4.3.4.1 ..

If he had support, he wouldnt be asking here. Why would he have a plug on the calibration plate if the 700 series doesnt use it? Maybe the wrong calibration kit for the scanner? If it has the wire, and the wire is broken, I would fix that first, unless you have no place to plug it in..? make sure the number on the plate matches the number on the scanserver for a start.
The scanserver is recognized by the design software and linked without problem. The brown cable is like this, it does not have to be connected to anything, I have verified it as you indicated. In support, they have told me the same thing, but they do not give me more help. They tell me that they offer me a renewal plan. the scanner is bought second hand, and discontinued. The calibration plate in Europe is like this, with a cable plugged into the inside of the scanner. the scan server I use is this 4.3.4.1 And I'm asking around here because I saw a similar problem on the forum, to which I have belonged since 2016.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its a good scanner if you can get it working, I've had mine 8 years and the only problem is the pneumatic door opener doesn't work anymore, but I paid 3000 eur for it brand new in the crate and I've easily made 500x that with this scanner. There are options in a password protected area of scanserver to diagnose what is going on with it. But my money is still on that broken wire if it won't calibrate,thats probably why they sold it to you, sorry to say.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
But my money is still on that broken wire if it won't calibrate
I had calibration issues with my old 3sheep 700 , replacing the ribbon cable connecting the cameras did fix the problem. I even posted here how to make a cheap replacement cable IIRC... might want to look that up

C

chamby61

Reaction score
I had calibration issues with my old 3sheep 700 , replacing the ribbon cable connecting the cameras did fix the problem. I even posted here how to make a cheap replacement cable IIRC... might want to look that up
Well, it is a good proposal, I try to locate that scheme in the forum. Thank you.

C

chamby61

Reaction score
Its a good scanner if you can get it working, I've had mine 8 years and the only problem is the pneumatic door opener doesn't work anymore, but I paid 3000 eur for it brand new in the crate and I've easily made 500x that with this scanner. There are options in a password protected area of scanserver to diagnose what is going on with it. But my money is still on that broken wire if it won't calibrate,thats probably why they sold it to you, sorry to say.
Yes, it is logical, the seller was honest and already told me what error he made, I try to find the solution, the dental technicians you know how we are investigators

C

chamby61

Reaction score

hello was this data cable? the 20-wire one?

Top Bottom