D700 calibration error " No dotplate data"

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am helping a dentist to move his laser from his old computer to a new PC.
The old PC is only using 32 bit windows and the new upgrade require 64 bit windows.
I have installed on a laptop wich have three different usb roothubs. Laser is connected to a usb 2.0 roothub alone.
I have only installed the scanserver and not scansuite. Scan Server have version 4.3.4.1 running at windows 10 professional.
The laser startups nice. I put in the first calibration Item and following the instruction. Everything is working fine. It stops then and ask to change to the other calibration item. After changing and starting the second part I've getting the error message "No dotplate data".

Anyone knows what causes the issue ?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
I assume you plugged the dotplate in as well?

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
I assume you plugged the dotplate in as well?
Hi
I dont exactly know thr name of the calibration items. The first one was plate and cable with a plug. That was not a problem to calibrate. It was the second one the cub. I put it matching holes on the plate.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
it's been a while since I've calibrated the D700, but I'm not sure you need the other "square" calibration thing. Also, make sure you take the cover off the dot plate.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This could be one of many things. It’s been awhile since I’ve dealt with those issues but it could even be a matter of the calibration data being saved in the wrong directory. Cable not plugged in or loose or damaged. Table not in proper home orientation. But my money is on the PGR drivers not being installed..

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
Joe.. ok.. cause it is working with the old computer. You mean the cover on the first calibration it? It was already taken off.

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
Affinity..
I've found the directory where the the last calibration data was made at the old PC. Do you think can have some thing to do with that? The data is not stored at same directory at the new computer. I can try too copy the last calibration folder from the old PC to the new PC.

How do I know if table is not in proper home orentation? Do I maybe need to make transportation from the old PC before starting calibration at the new PC?

How do I know if the PGR drivers is not installed? I cannot find any device without drivers at devicemanager .

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
JMN... My friend have tried. They don't help if the computers is not bought from them.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont know if you can private message yet, but if you can, send me a message and I can dropbox you the drivers. The drivers are probably there, but probably generic ones.. If its a fresh pc you need to install them.

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
Hi Affinity
I have started a connversation and send you my email adress.

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
Hi Affinity!
What happend to the PGR drivers? Would be helpful if you could help med.

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
I've got it to work!!!
Thank you Affinity for the files. PGR Camera drives could not be installed. I've tried first to copy calibration files from the old computer which is stored at in the user profile and some folders belonging to Scanserver
to the the new computer but that did not either work.
My last try was to install ScanSuite, the version I've got from Affinity which is 3 shape ScanServer 5 and for the (x86) version. But I needed to change drivers and use those with scansuite. Windows does not change them and I need to force changing them in devicemanager. After that I've started ScanServer inside the Scansuitefolder. ScanServer recognised the laser and promptef to convert to Scansuite, which I did. Scansetup in the folder of Scansuite starts and restore the axis data. I am also able to change axis back or forward, but that was not necessary. I pressed ok. I started again Scanserver and now it worked calibrate both steps without problem.

B

Busan Ionut

Reaction score
Hello there, i found this forum thread while googling the same error.
i am having the same issue while trying to upgrade to a better laptop.
Affinity, would you be so kind to send me the drivers also.
Thank you so much

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
PM me your email address. Im not sure if it will help your issue though, not all laptops will run the scanner. what are your specs?

B

Busan Ionut

Reaction score
PM me your email address. Im not sure if it will help your issue though, not all laptops will run the scanner. what are your specs?
ionut . busan (at) gmail . com sorry can't find the pm option. i'm. running a dell i5 16gb ram, nvidia960 4gb, 500gb ssd... should work well... i hope
thank you tof your help

B

Busan Ionut

Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

The PM ability unlocks after about 5 posts. It will be next to the Alerts and say Conversations.
thank you for the warm. welcome

J

John Pop

Reaction score
hi guys,
just saw your post, and I've run sort of into the same problem.
I have a the 3shape system standalone and bought a 3shape d800 scanner with no support so they wont install the files.
I have connected the scanner to the laptop but when to scan it is saying scanserver is not running. Have seen that you guys can share some files that i might need. like Scanserver and scansuite?
Laptop is full spec, i7 7700k 4.2 GH, 16Gb RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 and SSD.
Is there any way you guys can help
Much appreciated, John.

Top Bottom