Custom abutment and crown issue on 3shape?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
All comes down to your chamfre and radius settings. Chamfer 0.80 and top radius 0.40 I even place a flat wall and everything drops right in, vrown spacing is margin 0.015 extra cement 0.030 drill radius and comp 0.550. But it all comes down to which MFG you use, nobel, traumann and tru abutment have all yielded great results along with argen. But heard hoissen is the worst.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thats exactly the problem. you dont know what the settings do.

in order to make an abutment a tool has to cut it right? well the settings are supposed to prevent you from designing a shoulder, margin or wall that cant be milled.

you can easily design something that ignores the physical limitations of manufacturing.

K

Kris

Reaction score
I think someone might have mentioned some settings or parameters or somethingm only problem is I don't exactly know what each setting does, unless its obvious, and neither does my boss so he is afraid to change them. I want to be as efficient and productive as possible so I need to learn these settings. (the user manual for 3shape is broken for some reason) I must mention that I have no previous experience or education aside from what I learned on the job. My trainer is non-existent at work so I thank all of you that help me understand things better.
I completely understand. 3 Shape is fairly new to me as well. I have not messed with the parameters much yet. I have done several split files using Tru Abutment. They are great to work with, fast, and excellent fits!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
7833601E-7133-4838-AAAB-0C052010438C.jpeg

I get much better fits with TRU.. I can tell u abutment Design and who manufactures the abutments will dictate your fit.. also, it’s surprising how many people can’t seat a crown/abutment. Straumann fits pretty good, Nobel sucks nuts.

Also, your milling settings should be a separate “material” or “fit” for more precise milling

Above is “seated” w/o margin done

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I think someone might have mentioned some settings or parameters or somethingm only problem is I don't exactly know what each setting does, unless its obvious, and neither does my boss so he is afraid to change them. I want to be as efficient and productive as possible so I need to learn these settings. (the user manual for 3shape is broken for some reason) I must mention that I have no previous experience or education aside from what I learned on the job. My trainer is non-existent at work so I thank all of you that help me understand things better.

Hook up another monitor, watch YouTube videos and do the same thing in 3Shape