Current state and future of removables, my thoughts.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The old way of passing information one to one always allows knowledge to slip through the cracks. That's why we lived in an agrarian tribe based society so long.

Why would a young person want to learn analog ways in a digital world?

Remember this industry does not attract the best out there to begin with. The best have better choices for a career than a struggling industry in the thralls of becoming digital in world pounded flat by FedEx and digital files sending..

Why would a young person be willing to work for the wages offered in this industry or spend money to go to lab school in this environment?

Look at this forum, what is most of the conversation about?

Those involved in digital dentistry will serve more patients than we can handle with the way we do it now without the prospects of more techs coming to do it the old analog way.

Buy the best or do without is not what all those new patients that are coming at us are willing to put up with.

We must find a new way using the old knowledge in a new way of manufacture or we are not going to do very well.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I love supply and demand, especially being on the supply side. Fewer people with technical knowledge on both sides of the chair presents huge opportunity for those willing to educate and mold themselves into a technical resource for clinical dentistry. Making comprehensive removable prosthetics is very profitable and there are so many Drs. willing to pay for it, its crazy. Going on 30 years and I see no end in sight.
For Chip Porter fishing may be the answer, but I am more about catching, and from where I stand, there are many prospective clients waiting to be caught if you make the right presentation.