Curing Box, DIY or buy from overpriced suppliers

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
We were gifted a Moonray S printer. They are semi-open with their own resins as well as NextDent, BEGO, Keystone and Dentca. Their post cure box is certified for all the materials. It’s very convenient but over $1000 out the door. I’ve seen dentist, 3D markers even Adam Savage from myth busters make their own cure boxes. My main concern is will those DIY cure boxes suffice for printed dentures & teeth, custom trays and monoblock try ins? The sprint ray pro-cure in particular has a convection heating chamber is that necessary or just for speeding up print speed?

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
In my opinion it's not worth the headache of making your own. Especially for all sorts of different resins. You could looked at the any cubic curing boxes. They are not as expensive. You will you want consistent curing process so your results are the same.

doug

doug

Reaction score
You got a free printer and you want to cheap-out on a curing unit? On some of the 3D printer boards on FB they talk about putting their printed models on the roof of the building to final cure them...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We were gifted a Moonray S printer. They are semi-open with their own resins as well as NextDent, BEGO, Keystone and Dentca. Their post cure box is certified for all the materials. It’s very convenient but over $1000 out the door. I’ve seen dentist, 3D markers even Adam Savage from myth busters make their own cure boxes. My main concern is will those DIY cure boxes suffice for printed dentures & teeth, custom trays and monoblock try ins? The sprint ray pro-cure in particular has a convection heating chamber is that necessary or just for speeding up print speed?
You will have enough learning curve without troubleshooting if it is the printer or the curing unit.

Give yourself one task at a time so you see the output differences from one change at a time.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Thanks for the perspective everyone. Glad I asked the community. Sometimes I see a cheaper way and think it’s also a suitable option. With that said any suggestions on post cure boxes. Moonray S prints at 405 wavelength. Curing time is not the biggest consideration as versatility is. We still plan on buying another more accurate printer down the road so future proofing is on my mind.

Top Bottom