Cubex2 , help me out please

D

DPS

Reaction score
I have a cubex2 full zirconia crown that i had to grind a bit to adjust occlusal. Do i need to run a regeneration cycle for this ? Anyone has the firing chart for this cubic zr ? I asume it should be different from tetragonal zirconia ?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I have a cubex2 full zirconia crown that i had to grind a bit to adjust occlusal. Do i need to run a regeneration cycle for this ? Anyone has the firing chart for this cubic zr ? I asume it should be different from tetragonal zirconia ?
I assume this crown is sintered and glazed. Just polish the ”bit” spot. Do you have some zircon Brite? You could reglaze the crown also. Use your normal glaze cycle.

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I assume this crown is sintered and glazed. Just polish the ”bit” spot. Do you have some zircon Brite? You reglaze the crown also. Use your normal glaze cycle.
This is exactly how we would handle it

D

DPS

Reaction score
What i'm saying is , given that cubex2 strength is 750 mpa , can i help release some of the stress induced by grinding , through a regeneration bake ? I'm worried it might break in the mouth. It wasn't just one spot .
I did take my time with the design to ensure the occlusion was off , but then on the model it's not . Had to grind post- sinter.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I believe it's a 5y zirconia?, so any micro cracks you may have put into it adjusting it will be there, they cannot be regenerated out, healed, with a firing cycle. If any micro cracks are shallow, they can hopefully be smoothed out at slow speed with water, with the likes of a Dialite blue wheel etc and polished like has been mentioned with the previous posts.

Last edited: