Crowns have a pink hue

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
Definitely need a break in period. Id run a long cycle every night on a new oven for at least a couple weeks before Id use it.

New car? Absolutely needs a break in period. When you buy one, it typically has a break in oil in it. The parts need to machine themselves for the best fit and long term performance. That's why you never, ever put a synthetic super slick oil in a new motor. Its too slippery and wont allow a proper break in. The dealer usually wont tell you, but you should know to keep the RPMs low for the first coupe thousand miles and vary your speed a lot.
After a couple oil changes, if broke in properly, it will run better and you will have more power than an identical car that was just drove with no concern for the break in period and it will last much longer.
break in period on cars, yes. but that doesnt mean you cant use it. same should go for these ovens. not being able to use them because of contaminants after 1-2 cycles is absurd. these things are dang near the price of small cars!
for the record, i never had an issue with my sintering furnace and i ran just one single long sinter program on it. once. when it first arrived. its worked like it should every time since then.

A

A. M.

Ratings
you just said its a brand new oven. it needs to get used a bunch of times before you get good results. friends of mine, in fact @A. M. experienced similar results with the AG Mikro + AG oven.
My problem was different...
Whatever zirconia we sintered, it didn't come out with the colour. Like the stain burned out...
After like 2 weeks, the problem was gone. I think the smart guy who came to set us up forgot to remove some plastic or something inside... (might be stupid)
But I never had problem with the AG Multilayer zirconia! That came out good, even in the beginning. All the pre-shaded zirconias we tried actually...

A

A. M.

Ratings
AG Zirconia. We are using the pre-colored as told to. Have tried a Brand new oven that we are only using for this zirconia, with special parameters. New beads, new elements, newly calibrated.
The pink goes throughout the crowns and so far have seen this in the a2-a3, O-a1, and d2-d3. It is a very obvious almost like a light pink quartz color.
Does it matter where you place the crowns in the disk? You get the pink anyway?

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Ratings
Does it matter where you place the crowns in the disk? You get the pink anyway?
The crowns are pulled from everywhere I'm the disc, but the level of pink differ from crown to crown, so I'm guessing that it has to be a fixable problem.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,270 59
The crowns are pulled from everywhere I'm the disc, but the level of pink differ from crown to crown, so I'm guessing that it has to be a fixable problem.
Have you been aware of any diference in pink based on location in the furnace?

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Ratings
We are doing a series of cleaning and calibration rotations in each oven to see if there are any changes and also in different areas of the tray. I will let you know. If one crown has pink in the program then they all do.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!