Crowns have a pink hue

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Ratings
We are starting to get crowns that are getting a pink hue to them after sintering. Is there something we are doing wrong or need to be doing different? I know that no ones knows exactly what our process is for this, but am trying to find someone whom has maybe run in to this before. Please Help!

user name

user name

Donator
Ratings
3,587 47
What Zr?

Are you coloring them or using pre-colored?

Have you changed beads lately?

Is the pink through out or localized?

How many hours on your heating elements?

Did you recently change light bulbs?...or your diet?

Have you recently painted?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,199 58
And why is it in this subforum? Are you at A G? Using their material? Just where you ended up?

Do you wear gloves? Changed hand lotions?

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Ratings
AG Zirconia. We are using the pre-colored as told to. Have tried a Brand new oven that we are only using for this zirconia, with special parameters. New beads, new elements, newly calibrated.
The pink goes throughout the crowns and so far have seen this in the a2-a3, O-a1, and d2-d3. It is a very obvious almost like a light pink quartz color.

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Ratings
And why is it in this subforum? Are you at A G? Using their material? Just where you ended up?

Do you wear gloves? Changed hand lotions?
It is an AG zirconia, so more was to spark attention. We wear gloves, the same gloves we do for all of our zirconia for years, with all zirconia that is in a pre-sintered state.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Ratings
939 2
We are starting to get crowns that are getting a pink hue to them after sintering. Is there something we are doing wrong or need to be doing different? I know that no ones knows exactly what our process is for this, but am trying to find someone whom has maybe run in to this before. Please Help!
"I had the same problem last year" :)
pink.JPG

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Ratings
I haven't been able to find a cure for this. Is this a big problem across the board? I haven't had anyone else talking about these issues. Are yours all in the same shades or different shades?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Ratings
1,110 6
I haven't been able to find a cure for this. Is this a big problem across the board? I haven't had anyone else talking about these issues. Are yours all in the same shades or different shades?
Matthew,

@Getoothachopper is pulling your leg!:) If I remember correctly that was a special request from a doctor/patient.

Have you contacted AG about the material? You said it was happening in your new oven and your old oven? If only in your new oven, did you run a cleaning program in it prior to production use. I recommend that to all our customers. I have seen some issues in our furnaces if this is not done (although, normally not pink).

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Ratings
939 2
I was just kidding Matthew , this was one I made for fun last year , I dipped it using ZZ gingival colour . Yours is a strange problem , hope you get it sorted out .

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Ratings
We had run two cleaning cycles on the machine before the first use. The first cycle smelled horrible, but the second went really well. Then we tested to make sure that it would reach and hold at the correct temperature.

@Getoothachopper I really like that color of crown and wish that we got some special requests like that as well. I am in touch with AG and hope we can figure out something, as our rep visits frequently. Our problem is more of a shaded puck with a light pink hue to it. Just enough to notice and cause a problem. The brushes that we use are labeled for use with that zirconia specifically and was what AG had recommended. It is more just a frustrating problem to have than anything, but with the midwinter meeting in Chicago this weekend we should be able to get some answers.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,804 92
you just said its a brand new oven. it needs to get used a bunch of times before you get good results. friends of mine, in fact @A. M. experienced similar results with the AG Mikro + AG oven.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,526 29
you just said its a brand new oven. it needs to get used a bunch of times before you get good results. friends of mine, in fact @A. M. experienced similar results with the AG Mikro + AG oven.
a "bunch" of times? why? for the cost of these ovens shouldnt they function properly when we turn them the first time? thats like saying my car wont work right until a few oil changes.
i can understand a firing or two to burn off contaminants....more than that is just using up oven parts lifespan....

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,526 29
We had run two cleaning cycles on the machine before the first use. The first cycle smelled horrible, but the second went really well. Then we tested to make sure that it would reach and hold at the correct temperature.

@Getoothachopper I really like that color of crown and wish that we got some special requests like that as well. I am in touch with AG and hope we can figure out something, as our rep visits frequently. Our problem is more of a shaded puck with a light pink hue to it. Just enough to notice and cause a problem. The brushes that we use are labeled for use with that zirconia specifically and was what AG had recommended. It is more just a frustrating problem to have than anything, but with the midwinter meeting in Chicago this weekend we should be able to get some answers.
please post your findings one way or another!

user name

user name

Donator
Ratings
3,587 47
a "bunch" of times? why? for the cost of these ovens shouldnt they function properly when we turn them the first time? thats like saying my car wont work right until a few oil changes.
i can understand a firing or two to burn off contaminants....more than that is just using up oven parts lifespan....
Definitely need a break in period. Id run a long cycle every night on a new oven for at least a couple weeks before Id use it.

New car? Absolutely needs a break in period. When you buy one, it typically has a break in oil in it. The parts need to machine themselves for the best fit and long term performance. That's why you never, ever put a synthetic super slick oil in a new motor. Its too slippery and wont allow a proper break in. The dealer usually wont tell you, but you should know to keep the RPMs low for the first coupe thousand miles and vary your speed a lot.
After a couple oil changes, if broke in properly, it will run better and you will have more power than an identical car that was just drove with no concern for the break in period and it will last much longer.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Ratings
127 3
We've had some crowns come with an orangeish / pinkish hue to them. It was just with the Ceramill Zolid.

Can't really say what it could be but haven't had the problem since we switched to Nexxzr Plus Dontknow

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!