Crown over Ti Base

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I designed a case with two separate crowns , not connected, on one case. I set it up on the order form as if it was through Argen . Designed the case and milled the zirconia in house and ordered the Ti bases from Argen. Both crowns fit nicely on the bases but did not index correctly on the model. . Not a full rotation about a half. Should I just scan the bases as a die? Any thoughts before I try again ? Thanks.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I designed a case with two separate crowns , not connected, on one case. I set it up on the order form as if it was through Argen . Designed the case and milled the zirconia in house and ordered the Ti bases from Argen. Both crowns fit nicely on the bases but did not index correctly on the model. . Not a full rotation about a half. Should I just scan the bases as a die? Any thoughts before I try again ? Thanks.
Double. Check your scan against the scan bodies on the model, either not seated or alignment o f the body is off. Did you scan the markers with the tissue on or off? Never had an issue with argen yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A

A. M.

Reaction score
If you scan the base as a die, the fit is not gonna be great.
I agree with Sevan P... either not seated or the alignment was off.
I usually scan it without the soft tissue with the scanbody, and after I remove the scanbody I scan again with the tissue...
Might be a crazy idea, but you can get non engaging part too...

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I did the marker scan without tissue in place. Funny part was the base looked correct ( position of the dimple ) in the design phase when looking for a reason for the problem last night. I have a done a couple of these in the past with Argen when I have just sent my scans with no problem.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
Then I guess the scan body was not all the way down...
Try to scan again, design, and mill from wax or pmma to check...

N

NYJHL

Reaction score
would double check the scan marker alignment
although the no implant scan the ti base as an abutment works fine too

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Any thoughts before I try again ?
Cut off the dimple, problem solved...also take a look at that implant library, the scan-body might need to be derotated to match the dimple position on the Ti base.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I believe you guys to be correct. A side by side comparison reveals the truth.

Attachments

• screw up 1.PNG
    screw up 1.PNG
    288.9 KB · Views: 60
  • screw up 2.PNG
    screw up 2.PNG
    261.8 KB · Views: 53
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
More than likely your scan body alignment wasn't correct. Then double check to make sure that the scan body was seated all the way down in the scan. That's why I always scan the scan body with the tissue out!