Crown fees for files

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
For you who take digital impressions, do you charge differently for the crown since there is no model work? My thinking is the model work is replaced by the price you paid to get a scanner and mill to accept those cases. And if youre not getting a pys impression are you risking the model free method? or having one made which would be an additional fee? What else should I be considering?
( If this topic is in another thread, feel free to post the link to it.)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
For you who take digital impressions, do you charge differently for the crown since there is no model work? My thinking is the model work is replaced by the price you paid to get a scanner and mill to accept those cases. And if youre not getting a pys impression are you risking the model free method? or having one made which would be an additional fee? What else should I be considering?
( If this topic is in another thread, feel free to post the link to it.)
I charge the same for PVS or IO scanned. If they no likely, they have the freedom to send elsewhere.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'm doing a "Limited Time Only Price" to get more digital files. I will raise them back after I get a few steady clients

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
We don't charge a difference with most of our clients, but the only time we would discount would be if the case were model-less. Even then it takes a dentist who is experienced with the scanner...a crappy scan is as bad as a crappy impression and probably will end up a remake.

I've heard some I/O scanner salesmen talk about discounts for lab fees with digital but we haven't had any of our dentists ask for one, yet.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
We credit $20 on a case if they go model-free. Not per unit - per case....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My fees include the use of my Trios IOS,crown and models.

upload_2016-5-31_13-52-40.jpeg