CR-CO shift

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Hi All,

Making a nightguard for an adult patient with a significant CR-CO shift to the right in unilateral crossbite. Anything that I need to do differently for this nightguard?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
make it flat as a pancake and let them slide all over hell and back. put some canine ramps and your home free.

OR you can ask yourself.

1) Did the client take a bite at the desired VD opening
2) Are the models articulated from a face-bow on an adjustable articulator?
3) Any sort of protrusive record?

I will bet you have none of these things and with out them you basically slapping a worn in hand articulated occlusial scheme on a hinge where the arc of closure is no where near correct and no matter how fancy you get waxing the thing up the big ass bur is coming out and adjusting it flat.

Am I jaded to Nightguards? Hell yeah because I can guarantee the vast majority of appliances prescribed are by clients that have little understanding of the concept of how to replicate what we need to actually make anything other than a piece of arbitrary plastic to put in between the arches.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Lol. Thanks John. Unfortunately I have none of the three things you mentioned. Here's the kicker. They are for the docs wife...who happens to be an orthodontist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk