Cr/Co Oxidation?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I need help with finding an Oxidation cycle for Cr/Co(milled). I've never used it before. :confused:

Thanks Tad

doug

doug

Reaction score
aren't there directions on the package?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I had it milled from Trucrown

doug

doug

Reaction score
Do they have any recommendations? I'd think that what ever you used for other Base metal alloys would be good.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I tried that.. then fired a wash of Noritake Universal opaque at 980c and it turned the opaque from C2 to a yellowish color.. Not good.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am milling my metal , and after oxidation according to the manufacturer's instructions , I aplly a layer of bonder . I use the one from Bredent. I have zero issues . I use Ivoclar Inline .

M

martintay

Reaction score
I tried that.. then fired a wash of Noritake Universal opaque at 980c and it turned the opaque from C2 to a yellowish color.. Not good.

Some of these milling alloys "eat" opaque !! I would try a base coat of GC metal bond or the Bredent equivalent. With Straumann`s "Coron" i just sand-blast , ultrasonic and opaque (GC metal bond base coat first ) Also have a friend that uses this a lot and fires first coat at 1000`C - he says it prevents bubbles when using EX3 !