cr-co implant base

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi!

Does somebody know what is the indication for implant base made from cr-co? I have never seen one before... always ti-base, but Noris medical has opportunity to use both.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
galvanic reactions is why you don't see it. However, I do believe some of the cr-co is compatible next to Titanium out there on the market but I haven't a clue what does so I stay clear.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
There are many 3rd party companies offering these crco solutions, so it seems there is a big market for them. Last year I believe straumann started offering them in their cad software, which is an interesting move on their part. I had a conversation with the late Mark Jackson about this a few years ago, he pointed out about the galvanic reactions, as a result I've never tried. Perhaps in the next few years there'll be more clinical data available. I stick to Ti base or gold ucla's for peace of mind.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
we offer a chrome cobalt abutment that you can cast and chrome cobalt pre mills however the demand in the US has been small but growing. In certain european countries it is quite popular.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I've done many Cocr screw retained milled. Oldest one about 7 years now and no complaints coming in yet. Through ZFX Australia.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
we offer a chrome cobalt abutment that you can cast and chrome cobalt pre mills however the demand in the US has been small but growing. In certain european countries it is quite popular.
Keith, would you mind to lay out the pros and cons? Is it just preference? Cost? Or are there advantages to co-cr?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
I have limited knowledge on CrCo. When I ask dentist and labs for their opinions I receive conflicting information (largely depending on what they have read and seldomly on their personal experience using it) in the USA.

The advantages I have heard from clients are -
1. they want to cast but gold is too expensive and all plastic abutments cast imperfectly so they can cast with a chrome cobalt abutment because it has a machined interface.
2. we have a chrome cobalt premilled blank and labs with milling capabilities want to stack porcelain directly to a chrome cobalt abutment because they can't stack directly to a titanium premill so it saves time and money (versus casting again).

The cons are-
1. supposedly incompatbility between chrome cobalt abutment and titanium implants
2. galvanic reaction
3. oxidation issues

The prices are more for chrome cobalt abutments than my ti base but that may be because of our pricing and I am unsure of the rest of the market.