COVID-19 RESTRICTION AND LOCKDOWNS- HOW YOU COPING??

• Thread starter enricochienrico
  • Start date
HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Not for much, but you’re all waisting your time.
People only believe the science that supports what they already think and discount anything else.
It’s a human nature thing and it doesn’t matter which side you’re on.
The "both sides are the same" argument is one of the most frustrating ones to deal with IMO. One side says 2+2=4, the other says 2+2=5. They're not both facts even if someone can find someone out there on the internet with credentials saying that "hey maybe 2+2=5". I believe it does matters a lot.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I remember when I was about 10 yo running behind the trucks that were spraying DDT in the streets. This was about 53 years ago they were doing this in our neighborhood
1229B97E-14AF-4397-9EBA-7C8A4B1BEF20.jpeg 3878210E-3E3E-42AC-98D2-28E0BED638CA.jpeg 32685174-CC6F-47AA-A81D-D5990DB2B1BA.jpeg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Wow look whos emerged from the holler!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Well count my lucky stars, it's Al!
You still making crappy teeth?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
DDT was banned because of its persistent effects in the environment, not so much it’s effects on people. It’s the reason malaria was under control and bedbugs were practically nonexistent. Neither of those is true any longer. I believe it’s still in use in some countries because nothing else works to control malaria like it does.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Asbestos, Roundup, there are many examples of companies throwing things out to the public that are helpful in the moment but dangerous in the long run... That's why cadmium was removed from denture material and the denture shades have never been the same. Of course there is a slight risk on a new vaccine that was hastily thrown out there, I 'm not going to fault those who don't want to get it. Every single person in my family and extended family have received both shots. I didn't want to get it, but I went and there were plenty of others there to get them as well. If you get covid the odds are you will probably survive, I just want better odds, good luck.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Asbestos, Roundup, there are many examples of companies throwing things out to the public that are helpful in the moment but dangerous in the long run... That's why cadmium was removed from denture material and the denture shades have never been the same. Of course there is a slight risk on a new vaccine that was hastily thrown out there, I 'm not going to fault those who don't want to get it. Every single person in my family and extended family have received both shots. I didn't want to get it, but I went and there were plenty of others there to get them as well. If you get covid the odds are you will probably survive, I just want better odds, good luck.
Very well said. I'd add that these particular vaccines might be new, but mRNA tech has been studied and development for many years (decades). I heard an interview with one of the scientists credited with I believe the first approved vaccine and the way she put things in context was they already had a vaccine for a similar virus and were able to adapt it, saving tons of time. If they'd had to start from scratch it would have taken years to get something effective.

Of course there's a chance things in the long run could go wrong, but it seems to me that the chance was small enough that every major leader on the planet was jumping at the chance for a vaccine. I'm going to keep circling back to this point of the US Military requiring everyone be vaccinated because I'm haven't heard a plausible reason why they'd do it if they didn't think it was helping. They assessed the science and risk associated, and concluded that making sure everyone was vaccinated was the best thing to do to be prepared and prevent soldiers from getting sick.

Same deal with insurance companies. If you have private insurance the company is paying for the shot and happy to do so. It decreases the chances of someone getting severely sick and them having to pay far more. If they thought there was a credible risk that the mRNA vaccines were dangerous and going to be unsafe for people, they'd be throwing the full force of their lobbying power against it and making their customers foot the bill if they still wanted it.

My state (WA) has been one of, if not the most aggressive with their mandates. I think mid-October is the deadline for medical workers and state employees. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens. I've heard the State ferries might shut down because there's enough employees that refuse to get vaccinated. In the Dental community in my city, there's a variety of staff quitting, some moving to other states like Texas, and they're all hiring hygienists and assistants at big hourly wages. I've heard it said that 10% of the US's population is hardcore anti-vax, and if that's true, I'm guessing about half of those people will indeed quit their jobs.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
No vaccine or mask in Kentucky
F the attempted mandates.
Freedom is more valuable than security and a false sense of security IMO.
You mean freedom (Even though you still have it) is worth increasing the spread, potentially endangering others and slowly the worlds return to a semblancy of normalcy instead of taking a proven deterrent and subsequent reduction of potentially deadly symptoms from a globally spread virus? You get a shot and go on your marry way.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
When some one lies to you repeatedly
It’s hard to believe anything they say.
Media openly lies and tells half truths. Local State and Federal politicians openly and unashamedly lie
The ABC agencies lie the CDC is all over the place with information and has proven not trustworthy.
Modern science is beholden to whichever political party is in power and funding the studies.
It’s a perfect example of the story “ The Boy That cried wolf”
When the real wolf does come no one listens or believes.

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
You mean freedom (Even though you still have it) is worth increasing the spread, potentially endangering others and slowly the worlds return to a semblancy of normalcy instead of taking a proven deterrent and subsequent reduction of potentially deadly symptoms from a globally spread virus? You get a shot and go on your marry way.
Yes wear the badge and carry your placebo card as a sign of your righteousness.
Why all the busybody Alice Kravitiz’s spying on their neighbors ?
The card carriers are all safe now to live forever and happily ever after.
FCC16F6A-C4F4-4574-8E1F-04AEF6CF2B52.jpeg

Last edited:
HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
When some one lies to you repeatedly
It’s hard to believe anything they say.
Media openly lies and tells half truths. Local State and Federal politicians lie
The ABC agencies lie the CDC is all over the place with information
Modern science is beholden to whichever political party is funding the studies.
It’s a perfect example of the story “ The Boy That cried wolf”
When the real wolf does come no one listens or believes.
Yeah it's challenging for sure.

Media does lie and spin, but real journalistic integrity does exist. From the right (Fox, Epoch Times etc) to the left (MSNBC etc) they all buy reports from newswire services like AP and Reuters and repackage them with their own spin. You can skip the middleman if you just want the facts and go to the people doing the actual reporting is the only way to reduce (not eliminate, reduce) the spin we're exposed to.

The ABC agencies and the CDC have had awful communication and have been inconsistent, I agree it weakens confidence (and rightfully!) but not to the level that I think they mean to harm me.

Scientists do have to fight for a shrinking pool of money, and it does sometimes compromise their results. They are human as well, and not without flaw. As a whole though, they are still trying to answer questions and discover new ones. All the scientific organizations are still (quite effectively in most cases) regulated by peer review. Their whole reputations depend on being accurate.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How's that shiny car of yours/
1631712242174.png