Covid 19 impact on dental and consumer behavior

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I love it Doris! How do the clients react to this extra charge? Half of my incoming work has blood or food on it. Or chew.
No one has complained.

Before covid, we would give them a warning call that if it happened again they would be charged $25.

Since covid happened, we sent a letter to all that anything we received not put in a baggie and sprayed with disinfectant, they would be charged. That being said, the very first case we got in after being closed for 6 weeks was 2 impressions just thrown in our delivery bag. Yes, they got charged but, they haven't done it again.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
America was founded on buzz words and catch phrases like 'freedom' and 'liberty for all' so its no surprise..

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
My dentists have told me that they are booked solid until the summer. They have to spread out patients between appointments to allow more time for cleaning/disinfecting. I have a more relaxed work week which is nice, but I wouldn't want it to get too relaxed.

I think what's most frustrating about Covid is lack of proper communication by our leades and the dismissal of any information that doesn't support their narrative. First, they said that most masks aren't effective enough to prevent the virus from passing through. Then they made it mandatory to wear masks even though most people don't have N95 or better. If someone has Covid and dies from something else, it's a Covid death. Then we have the people that think it's just a flu virus. They dismiss the fact that Covid is much more contagious and would probably be more widespread if not for lockdowns and the preventative measures taken.

Honestly, I think we're all going to get a version of Covid at some point in our lives. But, I think the lockdowns are doing more harm than Covid and people's lives are being destroyed psychologically and economically. I believe that only the most vulnerable people should be on lockdown and do everything possible to help them.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My dentists have told me that they are booked solid until the summer. They have to spread out patients between appointments to allow more time for cleaning/disinfecting. I have a more relaxed work week which is nice, but I wouldn't want it to get too relaxed.

I think what's most frustrating about Covid is lack of proper communication by our leades and the dismissal of any information that doesn't support their narrative. First, they said that most masks aren't effective enough to prevent the virus from passing through. Then they made it mandatory to wear masks even though most people don't have N95 or better. If someone has Covid and dies from something else, it's a Covid death. Then we have the people that think it's just a flu virus. They dismiss the fact that Covid is much more contagious and would probably be more widespread if not for lockdowns and the preventative measures taken.

Honestly, I think we're all going to get a version of Covid at some point in our lives. But, I think the lockdowns are doing more harm than Covid and people's lives are being destroyed psychologically and economically. I believe that only the most vulnerable people should be on lockdown and do everything possible to help them.
Many of mine are struggling to find work. They're all 'in the black' but are doing reduced workloads.
Our local economy is trashed. For all the times we've picked on McDonalds and Burger King employees, they're about the only restaraunts left open in town.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Covid cant be the flu, because nobody gets that anymore.
I had the flu about 15 years ago. I have gotten a flu vaccine every year since then and have not had the flu. Its not perfect but I would rather get the vaccine than have to deal with the flu again.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I had the flu about 15 years ago. I have gotten a flu vaccine every year since then and have not had the flu. Its not perfect but I would rather get the vaccine than have to deal with the flu again.
It's been about that long ago that hubby and I had the flu. Hit us like a ton of bricks, one minute I was fine and the next I was down for a over a week. We don't miss our flu shots either.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
truth!
i have heard 4 clients proclaim the same thing. a significant spike in stress related dental restorations. crazy
the ripple effect could keep us busy for some time.

The problem is, or maybe this explains it, is I've had about 3 layered emax anterior units I've had to redo in the last 2-3 months, because of Inc edge or corners chipping.

Top Bottom