Covid 19 impact on dental and consumer behavior

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How has Covid 19 impacted dental practices and consumer behavior? If you missed this report by the ADA visit their website:
It's been 6 months since you asked this excellent question.
To say that , quite a lot has happened since then, would be an understatement.
We are in a lockdown again and this is playing head games with everyone. ( insert Lou Gramm/Foreigner hijack comment here )
Consumer behavior is certainly changing whether you like it or not.
I have my own theories and would certainly like to explore this topic further.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I saw this thread and had to chime in for the Covid deniers

I live and work in California, my business has clients in 32 of the 50 states, my lab employs 10 techs. We finished a record year in 2020 even in this pandemic and 8 weeks of minimal production. Business OUT of state is still strong EXCEPT for my big city east coast clients.

Most importantly for the guys that say its a conspiracy and are not using wise choices to protect themself and more importantly their loved ones I will share this sobering number of FACTS as it has touched me and the people around me.

In my personal bubble, 3 of my employees have tested positive and have overcome covid in pretty quick order, one had a very hard time. What is sobering between ALL of my employees a total of 10 people have passed in their extended families due to covid/covid complications. It's not a joke and it has changed my perspective over the course we have run. I went from not being concerned to being militant about masks and limiting my involvement/proximity interaction with the outside populous. My number one goal is to protect my staff and to make wise choices so I do not pass it on to anyone if I become a carrier.

In the end here in California it's a hot box because people are just too stubborn or idiotic to take it seriously UNTIL it hits home. I know I am nobody to most of you but I share this, be safe, be smart and make wise choices as we are not finished yet with this **** storm.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I saw this thread and had to chime in for the Covid deniers

I live and work in California, my business has clients in 32 of the 50 states, my lab employs 10 techs. We finished a record year in 2020 even in this pandemic and 8 weeks of minimal production. Business OUT of state is still strong EXCEPT for my big city east coast clients.

Most importantly for the guys that say its a conspiracy and are not using wise choices to protect themself and more importantly their loved ones I will share this sobering number of FACTS as it has touched me and the people around me.

In my personal bubble, 3 of my employees have tested positive and have overcome covid in pretty quick order, one had a very hard time. What is sobering between ALL of my employees a total of 10 people have passed in their extended families due to covid/covid complications. It's not a joke and it has changed my perspective over the course we have run. I went from not being concerned to being militant about masks and limiting my involvement/proximity interaction with the outside populous. My number one goal is to protect my staff and to make wise choices so I do not pass it on to anyone if I become a carrier.

In the end here in California it's a hot box because people are just too stubborn or idiotic to take it seriously UNTIL it hits home. I know I am nobody to most of you but I share this, be safe, be smart and make wise choices as we are not finished yet with this **** storm.

3 of our team members also tested Positive. One of them throw a 35 people NYE party. Durp! But although my personal health is good so far. This has effected us as well. Shifting team members around tasks on a already strained team adds the stress we all don't need. Also all of our clients are sending in maybe 40% of the work pre covid. With suppliers also running the same 202 was one hell of a ride.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
The county where I live and work in Indiana has been hit pretty hard. Mask wearing has been very contentious and bars and restaurants have remained open since mid summer to indoor dining. Once our lockdown was over in the Spring, we made it mandatory for everyone in our lab to wear a mask at work. We also have a hand sanitization station and a temperature check right when you come in the door. We had to let go one of our drivers right when we reopened because he refused to wear a mask even after we told him it was mandatory in the doctor's offices he would be entering. We only had one infection in our lab. That person of course had a large, maskless, Thanksgiving celebration that they posted pictures of on Facebook. They missed three weeks of work and then after being back in the lab for three days, asked for three days off to attend the "festivities" last week in DC. They were denied so they quit.

Personally, I have been very careful throughout this time. Missing that one tech for three weeks leading up to Christmas was a bit challenging, but we would be screwed if I or my uncle were to get infected. My uncle is older also and my cousin, who works at the lab is at high risk, so that helps to focus everyone on following the health expert's guidelines. Everyone at our lab was able to register to get the Covid vaccine at the end of this month since we work with infectious materials and patients come into our lab for custom shades. We still have a long way to go, but at least there does seem to be light at the end of the tunnel.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are patients afraid to go to the dentist ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Is a cover denier someone who thinks they won't get it by wearing a mask?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Now is a good time to wear ugly temps behind a mask.

I'm seeing more cosmetic work.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I guess there are people still denying that we even landed on the moon, or even believe that the earth is spherical, not to mention their confusion that if the chicken came from the egg or the egg came from the chicken! Just saying

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I guess there are people still denying that we even landed on the moon, or even believe that the earth is spherical, not to mention their confusion that if the chicken came from the egg or the egg came from the chicken! Just saying
I know someone who thinks the contrails from airplanes is actually the government spraying poison on us.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Dorsey and zuck know the truth and they will set us free!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
They are actually installing micro chips into you nose when they do the swab test for Covid.
This same person says that covid doesn't exist, it's just the flu....whack job!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Disinfo always makes the painful reality easier to swallow..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
In other news, switzerland ( an actual democracy) was able to petition a referendum for the people to vote to end the covid19 act that has them locked down again. In the US they drain your business account if you defy business lockdown. If you still think the US isnt ruled by the elite class, can we have a show of hands who wouldve voted to send our citizens to go get blown up in a desert on the other side of the world?

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
We got a reattach tooth to a partial Friday, P/ and the tooth just put in a baggie, no disifectant, and the tooth still had food on it.....GRR!!!!
Infection control charge added!!!
I love it Doris! How do the clients react to this extra charge? Half of my incoming work has blood or food on it. Or chew.

Top Bottom