Cost of Printed Model

T

treehouse

Reaction score
I was a bit shocked when I received a bill from a lab for a printed model. The model came back looking great, but, wow. It is a printed upper and lower, 5 implants sites, tissue for implants, based in diestone, with magnetic mounting plates. Nice workmanship. But the price, 32.00 for tissue model, 30.00 for printed model, 10.00 for "cleanup fee for printed model" and 10.00 for "Design Build for Printed model". For a total of 82.00! Ouch! Is this a normal fee? Am I just clueless?

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Can you show us a picture?
I would love to see what this model looks like.

The lab is probably losing money on that model in hopes of getting the final restoration.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I understand the concern, with all this jump in technology with IO scans and 3d Printed Models.

Some people are asking "just because it can be done, should it be done?"

I could mill models but the Discs cost $50 and I could get 2 models or 1 Itero model out of a puck.
I could get 50 lbs of Dental Stone for the price of 4 milled models.

And were talking about models here. Not even the final restoration. How many Docs even look at the models?

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I love the combination of old school and new school on this case.

The questions I have, when it comes time to scan in the case.

Will you use the IO scans or are you going to scan the printed models?

T

treehouse

Reaction score
I think IO scan, but may use a combo of both.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's peanuts for price...you got a smokin' deal on that. Also, stellar model work, also love the idea of both stone/print being used on this case. Now show us the final restoration :)

T

treehouse

Reaction score
Just to be clear, this price did not include the Analogs, they were 49.00 each. Bringing the total cost to 327.00

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
y'all laughed at me for mounting printed models for digital partials.

and i have no idea what you mean by "comes time to scan the case" as though more scanning is needed.

as to the price, the only thing i can find as a price gouge might be the extra 10$ "postprocessing" fee. everything else, completely normal.

5 x 49, + flat 30 +32 for soft tissue + 10 for design the thing from your IOS data. normal.

if this was a stone model, the cost of production would be 5x49 +32 for soft tissue +10 plaster and stone.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
y'all laughed at me for mounting printed models for digital partials.

and i have no idea what you mean by "comes time to scan the case" as though more scanning is needed.

as to the price, the only thing i can find as a price gouge might be the extra 10$ "postprocessing" fee. everything else, completely normal.

5 x 49, + flat 30 +32 for soft tissue + 10 for design the thing from your IOS data. normal.

if this was a stone model, the cost of production would be 5x49 +32 for soft tissue +10 plaster and stone.
I didn't laugh at you. The emoji did . I welcome my new robot overlord.Adore

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I mean why would you scan in a printed model?
That makes no sense at all. That's what I was getting at.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Argen charges around $ 70 for mx and md printed dim carbon models.Regular models are $32 for full arches. Dim analogs are extra but reusable.
I would pay that for tissue models. I charge around $35 for stratos mounting.

You can't blame digital for the race to the bottom with those prices.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes its about right thats what i get charged .lately im getting dentist printing their own models to save money it the funniest thing ive seen for a while ,one guy even asked me if its ok that he does his own, i couldnt say yes any quicker .

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Getting my first printed model from Argen, 2 quads, in the door next week . The total with shipping, design and print will be $40.00. Is this high, low, or the average cost? Are the dental offices saying anything back, when there's an added amount for this type of model work? The office sent in the case via aTrios scan.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Getting my first printed model from Argen, 2 quads, in the door next week . The total with shipping, design and print will be $40.00. Is this high, low, or the average cost? Are the dental offices saying anything back, when there's an added amount for this type of model work? The office sent in the case via aTrios scan.
When you send 5 units they will waive the shipping costs.
Sending one case at a time can get pricey.