Coritec 250i vs Arum 5x-300 for small lab

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Brayks and Axsys are some of the best in the industry. their machines are great, their service is great, and their experience and technical ability is second to none.

how imes came to be a bigger company is beyond me.

not all imes are created equal imo. the 150, 250, 450, 550, 650 are all trash. the 350, is not. for some reason it is a uniquely robust and healthy machine with good accuracy, speed, and reliability. i have to believe it is because imes buys them from some other manufacturer and sells them with their own name plate.

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
I would bump up to the 350i pro if possible.
250i is a bit to small in my opionion.
We have 2 350i and they have been great.

wouldn't go near ZZ

Both furnace companies are good.

we have a silent compact CAM. It's also very good.
I've been here exactly where you are. I bought a 250 for my first mill and bought a 350 to upgrade. I'm still using the 250 but, if I could go back in time and advise myself, it would be "Buy a 350i PRO and add the extra disc holders!" The 350 will last you longer before you need to upgrade and a disc changer is a must.

P

Pictodent-SW18

Reaction score
Hi Brayks,
yes I'm based in the UK, apparently Arum isn't very big here yet. The folks that mill our metal abutments etc. are using Arum machines and I was happy with their quality.

@hdlc how long was it ago when you bought the 250, and how big was your lab back then? (staff) What was your overall experience with the 250? I'd love to go for the bigger ones but need some restraint - we're just a 2-man (well rather 1.5) band after all...

@cadfan Greetings to Hamburg! I'm from Hannover. Here in the UK the difference is about £6K so quite similar.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Brayks,
yes I'm based in the UK, apparently Arum isn't very big here yet. The folks that mill our metal abutments etc. are using Arum machines and I was happy with their quality.

@hdlc how long was it ago when you bought the 250, and how big was your lab back then? (staff) What was your overall experience with the 250? I'd love to go for the bigger ones but need some restraint - we're just a 2-man (well rather 1.5) band after all...

@cadfan Greetings to Hamburg! I'm from Hannover. Here in the UK the difference is about £6K so quite similar.
heres a video of a versamill 5x-200 in a 2-dentist office.

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
Hi Brayks,

I got my 250 about 5 years ago, 350 wasn't an option even if I wanted it. Back then we were 3 people now 6. you once you get started milling, your zr production will grow and also we have started wax milling for e.max pressings. Having a loader will help with all the different Zrs. Different thicknesses, different shades means the more you can put in your loader the better.
The 250 does do a good milling but I had a few problems with mine, mostly in the first two years (replaced controller twice and spindle once). The 350 pro we have now for a year and it has been great. I can load 12 discs and let it run all day. The 350 is a good machine, but a mill is only as good as the support you can get. Having a good mill only gets you half way there. Make sure you have access to someone that knows the CAM software well. Tweaking feed-rates and strategies can ensure a great result.

S

shamim1982

Reaction score
Hi Brayks,

Hello friend,
Have you figured it out which machine you're going to get?
I'm in the same position as you are also, I can't find any Coritec 250i video of how it preform VS other competitors. Even can't find a friend has one that I can ask for recommendation. I was offered for a Versa mill 5x300 for $38k and 250i for a bit less. One is Korean and the other is German but, I dont know if this matters with quality or precision or even support!

S

shamim1982

Reaction score
Have you considered the 5x400. I am happy with mine.
Actually I sent them a message to get a quote, Do you have any idea how much would it be? even proximate

P

Pictodent-SW18

Reaction score
@Pictodent-SW18 this is how a 250 wet looks after 4 years for the money of the 5 x 200 here in Germany or UK you can grab a 350 .or if you stay at around your limit maybe Desk 51 with the big 900 watt sycotec ins an option (https://www.mbmaschinen.de/index.php/techn-data-cobra-mill-desk51.html ) .
Hi Cadfan,
thank you for sharing the photos - could you let me know what they tell me? Anything good/bad about the machine? How was your experience milling wet (did you do emax with it or something else?) What's your verdict after 4 years?
At least here in UK the 5x-200 (£130k) is way way more expensive than the Coritech 350i.
Thanks

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
@Pictodent-SW18 the pics just tell you how the mill looks after 4 years , wet dry 5 minutes not milled much e-max most pmma wet , transport is due its contruction maybe the biggest issue , you need a bit experience its not just plug and play all the times, would i buy again for the same propose yes . In Uk its the 5 x 400 i think around 45 K Euro the 200 is the big ones around 90 K Euro . If i need only a good mill for soft stuff the small MB because proffesionell software is inkl.if i want to mill a few bars too the 350 i if i want to mill a lot e-max and Ti preforms the bigger MB with 900 watt sycotec and 15 mm heavy duty guides same size as in a 350 i but if i remember right 10 K less than 350 . I would although buy a 300 or 400 Arum but to expense in Europe .-

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Check out the new 5X450 introduced last February at Labday Chicago...
Compare to 350i.

We sell the machine in the USA for just under $60K.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
@Steve why encoded stepper and air cooled spindel ??
Good question. That’s what I questioned when we were involved in early design and development!
But as we moved along, I became quite amazed and what had evolved into a truly special machine.
This configuration keeps the cost down while with this implementation of stepper motor technology and SycoTec spindle construction, it’s really all that is necessary. It really is the smoothest, quietest stepper motor system I have ever seen. I am most impressed (and that isn’t easy and doesn’t happen too often) also, these Sycotec motors are awesome, without all that is involved in coolers, while still providing higher S1 power & torque than competitive counterparts (however cooled) - at the rotational speeds we use. They remain true (runout),minimum growth and vibration, with competitive life cycle...sweet!

V

Vnix

Reaction score
Check out the new 5X450 introduced last February at Labday Chicago...
Compare to 350i.

We sell the machine in the USA for just under $60K.

Can pm.me? Thanks

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
Have you considered the 5x400. I am happy with mine.
How do you manage after the warranty .Did you sign up for the yearly maintenance and updates

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Yes, I pay for the yearly maintenance and service. 2 years of heavy use and no issues with mill. Had some issues with cam software after windows updates and they fixed it for me right away late at night within about 15 minutes so I could mill out overnight. Awesome service.

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
Yes, I pay for the yearly maintenance and service. 2 years of heavy use and no issues with mill. Had some issues with cam software after windows updates and they fixed it for me right away late at night within about 15 minutes so I could mill out overnight. Awesome service.
How much is the yearly maintenance?

Top Bottom