Copy and old bridge

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I made a Prettau type bridge about 10 years ago. #4-12 PFM with composite gingiva on five implants. Patient bit on a fork and #6,7,8 fractured. Dr. wants me to remake this in ZR/porcelain. I will get the old bridge and want to copy it in exocad. I never designed gum before so a little nervous. what is the best way to set up this job to copy the bridge and to be able to veneer for buccal porcelain.

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 40
WaxOnScanOff

WaxOnScanOff

Reaction score
I made a Prettau type bridge about 10 years ago. #4-12 PFM with composite gingiva on five implants. Patient bit on a fork and #6,7,8 fractured. Dr. wants me to remake this in ZR/porcelain. I will get the old bridge and want to copy it in exocad. I never designed gum before so a little nervous. what is the best way to set up this job to copy the bridge and to be able to veneer for buccal porcelain.

What kind of scanner do you have?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Make some indexes on the model base for landmarks so you align in exocad later if needed.

Put the prosthetic on the model base and attach to the model holder for the scanner.

Set up the job as any restoration and select yes for preop scan.

Spray and scan the prosthetic on the model base as the situ. Take it off the model base and scan the model with out moving it in the model holder as the jaw scan. Scan the antagonist, bite, etc.

Do any editing to the preop scan closing any holes in the mesh and editing out any over laps.

Start a new job in exocad as a reduced wax up. Import the model base as the jaw scan and the edited prosthetic scan as the wax up scan. You will have an opportunity after the wax up scan is converted to a watertight mesh to reduce where needed to apply porcelain.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you very much 2thm8kr!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thank you very much 2thm8kr!
It will he a little nutty at first until playing around with the editing of the current prosthetic scan. You will see what I mean after you give it a go. Hence the two different exocad jobs.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
It will he a little nutty at first until playing around with the editing of the current prosthetic scan. You will see what I mean after you give it a go. Hence the two different exocad jobs.
Do I edit in expert mode? And how do I import the edited bridge?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I don't want to be a PITA by asking too many questions. Will try to see someone at the exo booth at Lab Day East tomorrow.
Are there any special details because of the bridge compensating for part of the gum?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
P
I don't want to be a PITA by asking too many questions. Will try to see someone at the exo booth at Lab Day East tomorrow.
Are there any special details because of the bridge compensating for part of the gum?
PM, me if you have trouble.