Converting CBCT to STL possible??

D

DCS

Reaction score
Anybody know how to convert CBCT (Cerec CT Scan File) on a CD Rom to STL file using any software available online?
3D slicer? BlueskyBio?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
whats the file extension of the CT scan? dme? I doubt it. Generally sirona has proprietary format and cant be unlocked, just my experience, but maybe someone else know more.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
whats the file extension of the CT scan? dme? I doubt it. Generally sirona has proprietary format and cant be unlocked, just my experience, but maybe someone else know more.
My understanding is with a license you can export open dicom from sirona CBCT software. Just like everything else they have their mitts on.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What are you looking to do with stl of CBCT scan data?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
stl conversion would just give you muddy scatterplot data that would be difficult to do anything with. filter the data first, using either the sirona or other cbct software (send the raw data through bluesky or planmeca, however be warned that their eula says they own your data at that point and can choose to sell you back the data you want extracted) then with filtered data you can make your guides etc.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure why I cant edit my post but I meant .dcm not .dme ..

NDLMilling

NDLMilling

Reaction score
Blue Sky Plan. You can adjust the ISO threshold of the CBCT to your liking to reduce scatter. Then under "surfaces", you can export the CBCT as an STL.

BlueSparkStrategies

BlueSparkStrategies

Reaction score
This is possible using the Vatech software. I have capability if you are still in need/interested

Top Bottom