Convert 3shape .dcm to .stl help

R

RyanGRandolph

Reaction score
I need to convert 3shape .dcm to .stl so I can send the scans to Straumann for custom titanium abutment design. We don't have a lot of time left on this case and any help would be greatly appreciated.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Upload that file here, if is not encrypted I'll convert it for ya...

R

RyanGRandolph

Reaction score
how do I upload a file up here

R

RyanGRandolph

Reaction score
I really appreciate your help on this if there is anything I can help you with be sure to let me know

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
But Straumann has their files sent via 3shape and they do not do any design work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I really appreciate your help on this if there is anything I can help you with be sure to let me know
Those files are encrypted...cannot help Dontknow It's time to give your reseller a call...

dcm.png

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
F

FelixT

Reaction score
You can try to use CrossManager. It is a converter supporting 3Shape to STL conversions. (But it doesn't support all 3Shape versions. Try it to see if it works with your files).

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
How...?????!!!!!!

A master never reveals his tricks.........hehehe.

Very simple. Datalink crossmanager easily did these files. Then there is Delcam exchange for some stronger encrypted files. But this could of easily been done once the case was imported into 3shape, then export visualization output and scans would of been exported as stl. But I think 2016 has it, any other version you need to contact your reseller and have then enable it on the dongle.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What...........? Zero Can't do it with fancy software? LOL

Ha, ha...my bad. It even converts with the 3dviewer... Must've had a major brain fart last night...Stupid

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Simple...visualization output. Should maintain 3Shape coordinates. Contact your re-seller to have them turn the option on for you.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
A master never reveals his tricks.........hehehe.

Very simple. Datalink crossmanager easily did these files. Then there is Delcam exchange for some stronger encrypted files. But this could of easily been done once the case was imported into 3shape, then export visualization output and scans would of been exported as stl. But I think 2016 has it, any other version you need to contact your reseller and have then enable it on the dongle.

visualization output was disabled and turned into a dongle-enabled property in 2014. ppl with 13 or older will have it in their ctrl panel.

C

CoryFratusCDT

Reaction score
But Straumann has their files sent via 3shape and they do not do any design work.

Sevan, There are now two options, scan and design on 3shape OR, Straumann now accepts STL scans of the model and we will design the abutment as a service.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sevan, There are now two options, scan and design on 3shape OR, Straumann now accepts STL scans of the model and we will design the abutment as a service.

Do you work for Straumann? Also is this a European area only. Last I checked straumann doesn't design, when did they launch this?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
visualization output was disabled and turned into a dongle-enabled property in 2014. ppl with 13 or older will have it in their ctrl panel.

Like I said, they'll have to contact their re-seller to enable visualization output. It is available still in all 3Shape versions.