Conus like all on 4 for mega-gen

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
What would be the best option for something like this? A Dr I work with wants a fixed prosthesis similar to a conus, removable but stable, but for mega-gen implants. He wants it made out of pekketon as well, I've no ideas on what to use for the abutments other than a locator bar or something along those lines.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What would be the best option for something like this? A Dr I work with wants a fixed prosthesis similar to a conus, removable but stable, but for mega-gen implants. He wants it made out of pekketon as well, I've no ideas on what to use for the abutments other than a locator bar or something along those lines.
I dont think pekketon would create the friction required for a conus style over denture, and if it did I think it would wear and become lose fairly quickly within a few months probably. Is he looking for something like a Montreal or Paris bar? Conus are not splinted like bars are.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Conus-on-4!! CO4!!! BRILLIANT!!!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Conus-on-4!! CO4!!! BRILLIANT!!!
The off angle posterior abutments would give me pause without the implants being splinted. Exactly why they dont make angle correction locators.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
I dont think pekketon would create the friction required for a conus style over denture, and if it did I think it would wear and become lose fairly quickly within a few months probably. Is he looking for something like a Montreal or Paris bar? Conus are not splinted like bars are.
Well even if the pekkton could have a housing glued in like a normal conus? Aven without that tho, what kind of abutment? It would probably have to be a custom round and a cast to housing? And what if the science behind the concept is lost, there is no way to get the friction as good as it should be?

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
why you don't try this

It removable like conus, but much more easy and compatible with megagen! (well as long it not 3.0mm diameter I can do it)

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
The off angle posterior abutments would give me pause without the implants being splinted. Exactly why they dont make angle correction locators.
There are FDA approved angled locators but only up to 15 Degree's everything else would not, as you mentioned, work correctly long term. I personally offer them for many implant systems (not made by DESS).

15 Degree Angled Kerator.png

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
why you don't try this

It removable like conus, but much more easy and compatible with megagen! (well as long it not 3.0mm diameter I can do it)
I'll present this to the Dr, thanks!!