Computer problem

user name

user name

Reaction score
:( My computer just did the automatic updates, and now when I try to start my CAM, I get a box saying...

Global settings are corrupt, missing or inaccessible. hyperDENT will close'.

Any thoughts on an action plan?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Shotgun?

or we can try this first. Way less fun but

Hey @greeny , can you lend him a hand?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I second the shotgun sentiment

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
"Corrupt, missing or inaccessible"
Is this a political thing?

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
check that the time zone has not changed for the PC. good luck

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hey JMN, thanks for the heads up!

User name, we've had this problem with a couple customers in the past few weeks, so I've posted a solution on our North American webpage: www.followmetechnology.com

Scroll down to the 'Troubleshoot' section, follow the instructions, and you'll be all set!

Let me know if you need any additional help, thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey JMN, thanks for the heads up!

User name, we've had this problem with a couple customers in the past few weeks, so I've posted a solution on our North American webpage: www.followmetechnology.com

Scroll down to the 'Troubleshoot' section, follow the instructions, and you'll be all set!

Let me know if you need any additional help, thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Nice response time! The local FD and PD would be impressed :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
well, I got all the parts out of the computer, but I don't see one labeled settings.xml. Were they supposed to just snap apart? I twisted one and now all the little metal thingies wont go back in. Ill try folding them out of the way and use some gorilla tape.

I read on your site...

Delete the settings.xml file from the file path:

C:\user\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\hyperDENT

That's just spooky. Does that mean 'Im' the problem?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
well, I got all the parts out of the computer, but I don't see one labeled settings.xml. Were they supposed to just snap apart? I twisted one and now all the little metal thingies wont go back in. Ill try folding them out of the way and use some gorilla tape.

I read on your site...

Maybe you should do this after a little less Scotch.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Try to do a global search for that file...

user name

user name

Reaction score
This isn't really my cup-o-tea, so Im going to have tech support do it and Ill watch.
Im not as dumb as I appear, but theres just stuff I don't know. Id try on my personal computer, but I don't want to screw up the money maker.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

I read on your site...

EDIT :deleted image

In the view above, my <username> is DellUser, on yours it will be whatever username you use when you turn on your computer.
Just keep clicking the next thing in the list untill you get to a place that looks like this but you will have a HyperDENT folder to click on that I don't. The settings.xml file is in there, just the same way to got to here.

Look to the right of the Blue arrow circle thingie for the x\y\z stuff to make sense.

Make better sense?

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
I just watched tech support do it. Im lost. Seems there was lots of stuff he was going through, but I was lost.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks for the help all the same. Sure wish I knew more. Im going to pick up a book for dummys and start picking this stuff up (hopefully). Im an artist, not a techy.

Pretty good one at that...
childish_drawing_by_princesscotton_candy.png

doug

doug

Reaction score
This isn't really my cup-o-tea, so Im going to have tech support do it and Ill watch.
Im not as dumb as I appear, but theres just stuff I don't know. Id try on my personal computer, but I don't want to screw up the money maker.

Leave my girlfriend out of this and don't tell my wife about her.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help all the same. Sure wish I knew more. Im going to pick up a book for dummys and start picking this stuff up (hopefully). Im an artist, not a techy.

Pretty good one at that...
View attachment 23983
Get a old laptop or old desktop you don't care about and have nothing you ever want to aee again on it. Then start playing around with everything that doesn't make sense you by reading the labels and testboxes. That's how you learn.
I have made some amazing screwball errors, but learning how I got there, and geting out of it taught many things.

Treat it as an exploration, enjoy yourself. At an hour a night, in 3 months, you'll be answering questions. And even better, need someone really smart to answer yours when you have one.

I used to hand edit the registry, and the dll files, for fun, to see what changes would propogate. Explore, learn and conquer your computer. Make it screaming fast, make it work exactly how you want. It will not disappoint.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Get a old laptop or old desktop you don't care about and have nothing you ever want to aee again on it. Then start playing around with everything that doesn't make sense you by reading the labels and testboxes. That's how you learn.
I have made some amazing screwball errors, but learning how I got there, and geting out of it taught many things.

Treat it as an exploration, enjoy yourself. At an hour a night, in 3 months, you'll be answering questions. And even better, need someone really smart to answer yours when you have one.

I used to hand edit the registry, and the dll files, for fun, to see what changes would propogate. Explore, learn and conquer your computer. Make it screaming fast, make it work exactly how you want. It will not disappoint.
Oh boy. I think I just double parked my nerd card.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
With all the money you've dumped on your reseller, they should be taking really good care of you!