Compressor for PM7 mill

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Hey all, what compressors are you all with the PM7 mill using? I'm having a hard time finding out what specs are needed for this thing. Thanks!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We have a Kaeser SX3. Not sure of the exact specs. Your ivoclar rep should be able to get you that info.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
By the way, this mill is awesome. We got ours about 3 years ago. Very happy.
Great to hear! I'm excited about it. Do you mill PMMA with it at all? If you do how loud is it realistically?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Great to hear! I'm excited about it. Do you mill PMMA with it at all? If you do how loud is it realistically?
I mill PMMA about once every other week. I let everyone in the lab know before so they dont think the mill has an issue. It's not terribly loud. It just sounds a lot different than when its milling wax or zirc. I do know milling PMMA is much harder on the spindle than the those other two materials FYI. Since we got our PM7, we had one issue where we had to send out work to Troy Michigan to mill while they sent out a tech to repair our mill. I think it was down for three days total. All the milling was done free of charge so it wasn't a a big deal.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I think too, that the older the tools get, the louder it is when milling PMMA.

N

Nazar

Reaction score
Increase the spindle rpm to 19000 it would be much easier for the mill

Top Bottom