CNC quits

user name

user name

Reaction score
Recently Jensen changed our CNC. It just enables the user to do a couple more things rather than having to call tech support.
My problem...
About every 24 hours, the CNC window will go blank. Click on it and it will say CNC has stopped working. I can X out of it and restart, but the last couple days its quit during a mill job.
Tech support looked around and said they couldnt find anything, not even an error report.
Any thoughts on what could be the cause?
@CoolHandLuke , @esamuelr , @JMN , @2thm8kr ...anyone?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Did you notice it started after a Windows update? What OS win 7,10?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Good Luck, I have had this happen many times over the last couple years and they couldn't find anything to fix mine either. I changed the switch and it happened less often then. When mine quit communicating, I would have to close it with task manager as it wasn't responding. I have now switched computers but it has still has happened again. I am not sure what makes it happen or I'd tellya. Again good luck!

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Does the WIndows updates do something to the CNC program?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
In the past I have seen this with Imes machines and it has something to do with the interaction between the CNC controller and your windows software. I really can't nail down what exactly is the issue however if it had not occurred previously then it is the CNC controller because that is the only component that has changed as far as I can tell.

user name

user name

Reaction score
@KIM
Please review this with Cezar and the team. I thought I was the only one, but apparently Im not.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Recently Jensen changed our CNC. It just enables the user to do a couple more things rather than having to call tech support.
My problem...
About every 24 hours, the CNC window will go blank. Click on it and it will say CNC has stopped working. I can X out of it and restart, but the last couple days its quit during a mill job.
Tech support looked around and said they couldnt find anything, not even an error report.
Any thoughts on what could be the cause?
@CoolHandLuke , @esamuelr , @JMN , @2thm8kr ...anyone?
@greeny ??

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
The problem I had with the new CNC upgrade is the milling machine stops milling in the middle of the run for lack of suction ( that blue bar) even though the suction machine running at full power, the issue they found out is the suction sensor at the back of the milling machine is giving the wrong suction reading when the milling machine door is open and the suction is on and this wrong sensing carried to actual milling operation and stoping the mill.
So the remedy is to un click that check box that turn on the mill (in CNC) when the mill door is open.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Could you post a shot of what you mean?
If that doesn't fix y', get my attention Monday and let me know. I have a few ideas, but they're not getting out clearly at this time.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Good Luck, I have had this happen many times over the last couple years and they couldn't find anything to fix mine either. I changed the switch and it happened less often then. When mine quit communicating, I would have to close it with task manager as it wasn't responding. I have now switched computers but it has still has happened again. I am not sure what makes it happen or I'd tellya. Again good luck!
'Changed the switch' ?

Does that mean replace the box your mill and PC conncet together woth the network/ethernet cable?

I figure it's what you mean, but there's lots of switches it could be.

user name

user name

Reaction score
If that doesn't fix y', get my attention Monday and let me know. I have a few ideas, but they're not getting out clearly at this time.
I cant wait to hear some ideas.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Yes I bought a different switch, but it still happens. It doesn't happen that frequently though, so it's a mystery to me.