Clearmet anyone?

R

RemovAble

Reaction score
Anyone used clearmet for partial frameworks? I have a sample and want to try it and am wondering how thin I can make it without making it useless. I think I read somewhere that it's the same stuff as ItSoClear clasps, but it's quite possible my rememberer is broken....
What I'm hoping is that it's a rigid material.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anyone used clearmet for partial frameworks? I have a sample and want to try it and am wondering how thin I can make it without making it useless. I think I read somewhere that it's the same stuff as ItSoClear clasps, but it's quite possible my rememberer is broken....
If you come across the thing saying it's similar or the same material again, please put it up.
Frankly, having dealt with the ItSoClear, if it's the same, I'd be concerned about long term. I've had 2 of the clasps break on me from drop impacts. Use them for hot hot coffee and tea drinkers only now.

It may be just fine in where the impact was spread out, but not being repairable, or able to add with any ease would keep me out of that ballgame. Most docs and pt's don't take well to replacing the whole thing if it cracks or needs another tooth or clasp added.

Just my opinion, take it for as little as you like.

D

Dennis Urban CDT

Reaction score
I have processed over 30 cases with ClearMet. It is rigid on the major connector areas with a snap fit over the height of contour of the teeth. It has excellent physical properties with virtually no shrinkage. Patient acceptance has been excellent. Don't confuse the strength of a ClearMet framework with an Itsoclear clasp. It is much different in that the framework is extremely strong with major and minor connectors all joined together with clasps in one frame. The Itsoclear clasps are incorporated into the acrylic resin . Just make sure you wax your frame correctly and utilize the right injection system with the correct pressure and temperature settings. Dennis Urban CDT

R

RemovAble

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I am very curious to see how it turns out now. I have a case I'm going to try it out on and will post my results.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I am very curious to see how it turns out now. I have a case I'm going to try it out on and will post my results.
Did you ever have a chance to play with it? What opinion did you form? Get any pictures of the process or finished product to share? How was it to finish and un-scratch? What is the airspeed of a unladen swallow?

R

RemovAble

Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've since got a 'day job' at a large lab in the area and am still doing my own thing on the side so things have been busy!

I have yet to use it. I've got two possible cases in the works that I'm considering using it on, both cases have no due date though, so I don't know when I will get to them. I will be sure to get photos, etc when I do!
As far as the airspeed of an unladen swallow I'll have to do more research and get back to you! :p

T

TicoTX

Reaction score
What the price range for a clear frame partial? We don’t offer them but are considering it.. also anyone tried the snow rock clear partial frame material? Thanks

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
I have processed over 30 cases with ClearMet. It is rigid on the major connector areas with a snap fit over the height of contour of the teeth. It has excellent physical properties with virtually no shrinkage. Patient acceptance has been excellent. Don't confuse the strength of a ClearMet framework with an Itsoclear clasp. It is much different in that the framework is extremely strong with major and minor connectors all joined together with clasps in one frame. The Itsoclear clasps are incorporated into the acrylic resin . Just make sure you wax your frame correctly and utilize the right injection system with the correct pressure and temperature settings. Dennis Urban CDT
Hey Dennis .. I will be shooting a ClearMet frame in the next couples of day.. but Im using an old valplast oven with a preset temperature of 550.. How many minutes Im suppose to heat the ClearMet tube in there.. thanks

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Have any of you used Trinia for an RPD framework?
Dennis, can you share any update to the Clearmet ones you fabricated so far since it is about 6 months out?
LCM

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey Dennis .. I will be shooting a ClearMet frame in the next couples of day.. but Im using an old valplast oven with a preset temperature of 550.. How many minutes Im suppose to heat the ClearMet tube in there.. thanks
Instructions:
https://dental.keystoneindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/IFU.Clearmet-Partials_multi_R2.pdf

They are using 542 as the furnace temp. Soak time is different for different sizes of tube. There are also rather empatic statements regarding preheating to drive out moisture.

Top Bottom