clear-aligner?

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Hey
Last year we had a presentation by Scheu lecturer.
This system requires a digital camera, Clear aligner software and special model holder with measuring gauge... It recommended to use Scheu's Biostar or Ministar machine.
This is basically a set-up process, you still need to manually cut out every tooth you want to move but you use Clear Aligner equipment to measure incremental movement you make with every set up.
The treatment starts with one 0,5 millimeters thick aligner
To move a teeth approximately 0.25 millimeters you need 2 aligners made on the same corrected model. First one 0,75 mm and the second one 1mm.
Each is worn for two weeks after which you repeat the process.
The price tag for software is about 1000 euros (1345 $)
The gauge is about the same.
You should know that the manual set-up process requires a lot of experience, I am saying that because it would be a waste to invest in Clear Aligner system and only then find out that the software can't compensate experience in manual repositioning, you still do everything by hand.
Would you like me to send you Ebook on Clear Aligner, there are some nice photos and descriptions there?

Last edited:
Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Hmm, I do this with a Scheu Durasoft followed by trutain..
Heres a pic:
I do it all by eyeball and hand its worked out great

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Smilewire said:
Hmm, I do this with a Scheu Durasoft followed by trutain..
I do it all by eyeball and hand its worked out great
Most of us still do it by eyeball and hand, and it does work just fine.
I hate using Scheu Durasoft, I don't like the final result. Durasoft needs to be preheated/super dry to avoid the bubbles creating while heating + silicon is too thin to do any good.
We now do it by using 2 sheets, one is 1mm-hard Duran , 1,5mm Biosoft silicon sheet and an silicon adhesive.
First you form the silicon sheet, trim it to cover only tooth surface, put it back on model, add adhesive and form 1mm Duran over it.
In the end... you trim Duran 1 mm longer than silicone sheet under it - this way finishing the tray's edges is far easier, the edges are thinner making it more comfortable to wear.
This allows more movement with one tray since there's more silicone on the inside and more transparency.

Kendall said:
Teofil,
Could you please email the book.
Thanks in advance,
Kendall
Sure, I uploaded it to rapidshare, here's the link
There are two books about Clear aligner, the second one describes the process without using the software. It's in Spanish, sorry
http://rapidshare.com/files/378909545/Clear-Aligner_klein.pdf.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/378909547/Clear-Aligner_klein2.pdf.html

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Thanks for info
What is the best silicone adhesive to use? to scheu do one?

Last edited:
Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Thanks for info
What is the best silicone adhesive to use? to scheu do one?

Scheu does have adhesive, it is sold with Osamu retainer kit, I don't know if you can buy it separately
59119_1_x_280xjpg166966.tif.jpg

At the moment I use Bredent's adhesive we got with DKZ kit. It's the same thing I guess.

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Cool Teofil, I don't think that process has really come across the pond at least the west coast. I should get on it and be "innovative" ;)
BTW my brothers middle name is TeoFilo!

A question: How thick is the dual tray afterwards? I find the material to thin out after suck down, a 1.8 Durasoft usually become 1.3
Oh and I use a food dehydrator to dry out the material its really not that big of a deal I use it to dry out my Talons too.

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
We came with the idea on our own, before we got the adhesive we used to do it without it. The silicone sheet stays inside but it gets filled with saliva in time so it needs way more cleaning.

I guess that thickens depends on sheet thickness you chose and the model hight. You can form 1,5 mm sheet on a higher model to stretch it to something like 1,2mm and then trim the model down as much as possible before forming 1mm sheet.
This way you can control how thick the silicone part is, unlike Duran.

Teofil is of Greek origin (I am not),Teo means God and Filos means Love, so you get something like GodLover. It is actually the part of my last name, I use it a lot since my first name is to hard ti pronounce for westerners.
Cheers