Cleaning Zirconia Dust

R

Rajiv

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone suggest the best way to clean the pre sintered zirconia dust post milling from my milling machine (we use the MCX5) or the work surface. However much I try with water, there is some residue or stain left and it just doesn't clean spotless. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
Hi Rajiv, I don't have the same mill but for post mill zr dust/ cleaning I use a shop vac and a regular house paint brush to loosen or help sweep up left over dry dust into the hose, then I go in with 3 different micro fiber cloths (dry/ *damp distilled*/ dry) and elbow grease- I'll use q tips in the same sequence for the joints/ screw build up...and audible cursing : ). I never use water, never use any cleaners/soap nor abrasive scour sponges etc.

R

Rajiv

Reaction score
oh wow! that's a lot. I do use a high vac and fiber cloth, but sometimes, have to shift from zirconia to emax almost immediately and so some residue of the zirconia dust remains somewhere in some corner and on the milling burs tray and it just sticks to the surface. really a pain to clean every time and it still doesn't go off completely.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
oh wow! that's a lot. I do use a high vac and fiber cloth, but sometimes, have to shift from zirconia to emax almost immediately and so some residue of the zirconia dust remains somewhere in some corner and on the milling burs tray and it just sticks to the surface. really a pain to clean every time and it still doesn't go off completely.
Switching wet dry wet dry will make your cleaning even more important.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone suggest the best way to clean the pre sintered zirconia dust post milling from my milling machine (we use the MCX5) or the work surface. However much I try with water, there is some residue or stain left and it just doesn't clean spotless. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
After you clean with water used a dry cloth to wipe it off. Thats what i do when i clean machine. Damp cloth immediately wiped it with dry cloth.