Chipped PFM

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I had a Dr contact me regarding ideas on how to attach chipped feldspathic back onto a long PFM bridge (crown #13). He attempted x2 to bond it but it keeps coming off. I said I will ask around, I even said maybe Krazy Glue?? Dontknow.

Anyone have some fancy pants ideas?
Thanks,
Sean

Attachments

• PFM.jpg
    PFM.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 48
C

charles007

Reaction score
Ask doctor to prep the buccal and carry over part of occlusal with no undercuts for pfm, will last forever, Waxed many of these over the years on poorly supported pfm frames but usually on anteriors with 3mm of chipped off porcelain. :rolleyes:
Sorry, use to have a saved model to show doctors how to prep. Maybe someone can post up a picture !

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
I’ve done fixes in the past for this by the doc doing taco shape prep ( cover facial/lingual leaving proximals mostly in tact) usually in a pontic area to save removing an entire bridge.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I’ve done fixes in the past for this by the doc doing taco shape prep ( cover facial/lingual leaving proximals mostly in tact) usually in a pontic area to save removing an entire bridge.
Yes, but be sure to charge more that street taco prices for bailing out a large bridge case that ultimately should be redone.
*Edit to add Krazy Glue/cyanoacrylate is biodegradable. It will work for a time, but then you're wishing for tacos again. 🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I don’t miss soldering connections of long span pfm bridges, and solving rocking issues

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yes, but be sure to charge more that street taco prices for bailing out a large bridge case that ultimately should be redone.
*Edit to add Krazy Glue/cyanoacrylate is biodegradable. It will work for a time, but then you're wishing for tacos again. 🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮
I think the idea here is to let the cyanide finish the job.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You know the Pharaohs used outsourcing dental restoration to other adjacent civilizations 🤔😊 nothing new here
So even they struggled to find good techs to run their in house labs?