China

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

labdude

Reaction score
Right under this forum, put the one for listing of users of off shore items. NOT JUST CHINA.
I have heard that AOA is moving things to Florida, to begin off shore shipping. Maybe to Puerto Rico??? U.S. spot, but labor is probably cheaper, I'm not sure.
Items meaning, parts or whole items made off shore.
Parts being things comparable to the wheat gluten we obtain from China for our own food. (stuff that killed a lot of pets)

Allow for listing names and number only. No bad mouthing allowed.
Names and sourse for info only.
Mike.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Your for this too? I don't think its worth the trouble that it will bring me or even the site. I make zero money from the site, I do this site for fun. One person who gets listed for outsourcing and he looses business because of it he comes back to me with a lawsuit. I cant afford this, and the site will most likely stop.

What advantages would there be in telling people who outsource?
Will dentists see these labs that are known to outsource?
Will this change anything?

I talked to a few friends of mine about this and they all advise me not to do this.

I am against any outsourcing in our industry. I know there are people that are a part of this site that profit by outsourcing (Look at the links). We have a global economy for something that is custom made? China no less, wtf is wrong with these people?

Smith Sterling labs goes to Florida first then gets mailed to Costa Rica. I don't know what makes Florida the key to this. Maybe there using private shipping.

L

labdude

Reaction score
O.K. Kind and gentle lab sharing site will survive. Problematic listing...certain death for site. Good choice.
Global economy is inevitable someday. We are stuck on this planet. The way it comes about will have the mix we see today. Greed driven sometimes, sometimes not. Unreal the way some countries treat their people. I hope someday ot all levels out and mankind can move on to better things.
Guys going to Florida then shipping from there, just a little less expensive than shipping from Oregon to off shore. Quicker as well.
People buying things these days will at one time say they are concerned big time where things come from and what is in those things. Then a moment later theybuy those same things. Lead or contaminated wheat gluten or not. Who knows what else is contained in things we consume and where it comes from.
Sort of a cold war type thing in a way, kill them slowly and quietly, or maybe just sicken and weaken. If caught, deny wrong doing and understanding that anything was wrong, or contained something harmful.
Huge problem.
While on the issue of problematic things......
How does your wife feel about that motorcycle???:):rolleyes::cool:
Mike.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Its alot of fun. The wife has supported my new bike and me ridding. She wants to ride with me when the weather warms up.
IMG_1818.jpg

L

labdude

Reaction score
I like those road and dirt bikes. I had a couple back when. Safer than the other type I had.
I am still concerned, I was lucky, back then. I used to ride with my wife as well. We had a great time.
Bad part, I lost some friends to them as well. I like this site, you seem friendly, your wife is kind and has a sense of humor. If you guys hurt yourselves I'll come out there and beat you both!!
You can however still type after some injuries using a stick in your mouth. And those new chairs they have, you can steer around by just puffing air into a straw!!! COOL!!!
I am old now, you be careful and get old too.
Mike.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
]http://t.co/YPheXtkv [/URL] No surprise!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Travis why not take a MSF course with your wife? I taught the course in the 90's a lot of husband wife went, it is great to have her understand riding.

In IL the course is state sponsored in such when you take the final at the end of the 3 day course you can have a state endorsed license. If you are under 19 and want a license it is the only way to obtain one. I agree with the idea of not posting derogoratory items about others whenever possible even if they are off souring.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
China admits pollution-linked 'cancer villages'

This file photo shows a polluted river, once used for swimming by local youths, in Liukuaizhuang Village in Tianjin, southeast of Beijing, on March 16, 2006. China's environment ministry has acknowledged the existence of 'cancer villages', several years after widespread speculation first began that polluted areas were seeing a higher incidence of the disease.
AFP - China's environment ministry has acknowledged the existence of "cancer villages", several years after widespread speculation first began that polluted areas were seeing a higher incidence of the disease.

The use of the term in an official report, thought to be unprecedented, comes as authorities face growing discontent over industrial waste, hazardous smog and other environmental and health consequences after years of rapid development.

"Poisonous and harmful chemical materials have brought about many water and atmosphere emergencies... certain places are even seeing 'cancer villages'," said a five-year plan that was highlighted this week.

The report did not elaborate on the phenomenon, which has no technical definition but gained prominence in domestic and foreign media after a Chinese journalist posted a map in 2009 pinpointing dozens of such "cancer villages".

But the ministry acknowledged that in general China uses "poisonous and harmful chemical products" that are banned in developed countries and "pose long-term or potential harm to human health and the ecology".

Environmental lawyer Wang Canfa, who runs an aid centre in Beijing for victims of pollution, said Friday it was the first time the "cancer village" phrase had appeared in a ministry document.

"It shows that the environment ministry has acknowledged that pollution has led to people getting cancer," he said. "It shows that this issue, of environmental pollution leading to health damages, has drawn attention."

A ministry official who declined to be named could not confirm whether it was the first time it had used the phrase, but said it had previously acknowledged the connection between the environment and human health.

I am sure this doesnt include dental products!

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I think a list is a great idea. Put me down.:)

Bella Zeng

Bella Zeng

Reaction score
I admit that China's rapid development had cause lots pollution issues. Our goverment is focusing on those issues, and it does gets better nowadays. And I think hopefully it will recover slowly.:( Blessing

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
interesting how one slight twist in wording can make the light of a post from 2008 so different.

If Travis had said "I am against outsourcing" it would inherently mean even outsourcing for example from Lab A in USA to Lab B in another State.

however he said "All outsourcing" which today can mean even something like sending Trios or iTero files to a milling center, and sending duplicates to a Design center, where they in turn would send to their preferred Milling center, to ship back to the DDS office.

Ideally that might be the ultimate digital setup. the RDT simply waits for the crown to show up as he sits in a room off to the side of the DDS practice, so he can check shade and contacts on the check model with his iPad. at most, having an oven to make adjustments. not much else. and that setup can span the globe.

A

Amyda

Reaction score
Outsourcing is not so bad, it just take good use of globe resourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom