characterized dentures

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
hanks Jan.
I followed exactly the instructions of the stain Candulor .. but obviously does not work for me!
Next time I will try according to your instructions.
Hello
Fulvio

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
Hi,

No problem.

If you can't find the solution with these instructions, I can make a guideline with pictures, for better understanding what I wanted to tell you.

Regards,

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Surely it would be a very useful service for me and all users of the forum ..
but would also be a costly job for you!
Best regards

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
Hi,

I have received a lower prothesis, that I have made aprox. 2-3 years ago and needs to be corrected, because of the lower jaw operation.

So I took some pictures to show the prothesis after daily use and the plaque problem you were pointing out and my experience.

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6805_zps2ceba471.jpg

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6807_zps14911527.jpg

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6806_zpsb52e659a.jpg

It still looks close to new :)

Regards,

jan
ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6805_zps2ceba471.jpg ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6807_zps14911527.jpg ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6806_zpsb52e659a.jpg

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
You're right!
Good stuff and great performer of the work..

P

paulg100

Reaction score
i hear alot of people complaining that the gum colouring systems like enigma colour tone etc bleech out after a year or 2, in which case its hard to see the point of doing it.

for those of you using these colours (engima, candulor etc) have you found the same also?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
i hear alot of people complaining that the gum colouring systems like enigma colour tone etc bleech out after a year or 2, in which case its hard to see the point of doing it.

for those of you using these colours (engima, candulor etc) have you found the same also?

I see many that process their dentures and do a cut back adding the tints. I prefer to add the tinting before process and injection to it, all heat cured.
Have seen no bleaching effects, after a couple of years. One tint that I have seen bleach and looks like salt crystals (grainy) is Kay-See. I have worked with Engima,
do not care for the results of that due to the grainy look as well.

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Lovely work slow water, where in Slovenija are you? I am holidaying with family in Kranjska Gora at the moment

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I see many that process their dentures and do a cut back adding the tints. I prefer to add the tinting before process and injection to it, all heat cured.
Have seen no bleaching effects, after a couple of years. One tint that I have seen bleach and looks like salt crystals (grainy) is Kay-See. I have worked with Engima,
do not care for the results of that due to the grainy look as well.

I just did a full over full yesterday that I tinted before I injected and I used a new PVS material instead of what we normally use. Big mistake, the durometer of the material must have flexed a bit more and some of the tinting lifted and just more or less made a mess of things. I have had this issue with compression packing when the tinting was not left long enough to stiffen up but never with IVOCAP. This was hard to the touch prior to injecting.

Do overs are never fun right before Christmas.

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
Hi, I live and work in Novo mesto. This is at the other side of the country, but just about 160 km apart :)

How long are you staying in Slovenia. We could have a beer or two :)

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score

Enigma fades out after time, but Candulor seems okay so far.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I just did a full over full yesterday that I tinted before I injected and I used a new PVS material instead of what we normally use. Big mistake, the durometer of the material must have flexed a bit more and some of the tinting lifted and just more or less made a mess of things. I have had this issue with compression packing when the tinting was not left long enough to stiffen up but never with IVOCAP. This was hard to the touch prior to injecting.

Do overs are never fun right before Christmas.

This problem is a curse I had for a long time. At Swiss (dent) course it was suggested from a Candulor instructor to pack the flask BEFORE the acrylic reaches its snappy stage and close the anterior of the flask first. It has helped me. I tend to avoid tinting with the ivocap due to this problem. Maybe the valve needs to be opened more slowly??

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
This problem is a curse I had for a long time. At Swiss (dent) course it was suggested from a Candulor instructor to pack the flask BEFORE the acrylic reaches its snappy stage and close the anterior of the flask first. It has helped me. I tend to avoid tinting with the ivocap due to this problem. Maybe the valve needs to be opened more slowly??

The wax up must have stippling to hold the tinting acrylic during injection. The second is I allow the acrylic to set up slightly,
keeping it moist. Third, the valve must be open very s-l-o-w-l-y. It may take the gauge / needle 2 minutes to reach a full 6 bars.
Also I see that John tried a new PVS material. FYI, I am using Imprint from 3M. A bite registration, 2 part gun injected material. Sets up fairly quick and stable.

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Hi Slow water, I am back in lujubljana next Friday for 1 week (this is where my wife's family live) would love to go for a beer are you free?

Podkev

Podkev

Reaction score
Zdravo Jan,

zelo lepo delo, odlične slike. Bi kar na en tečaj prišel:)

Pozdrav iz Ljubljane.

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
Hi Slow water, I am back in lujubljana next Friday for 1 week (this is where my wife's family live) would love to go for a beer are you free?

Hi thewhitelab,

No problem, I will find some free time :) Just send me a PM.

Regards,

jan

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
Zdravo Jan,

zelo lepo delo, odlične slike. Bi kar na en tečaj prišel:)

Pozdrav iz Ljubljane.

Živjo Podkev,

Hvala za pohvale in lep pozdrav v Lj. Če te pa kaj zanima pa kr vprašaj.

lp, jan

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
While I understand your lust for detail and admirably so, this is really fine work here....I may never get to that level being a late starter. It must give you all a great feeling to know that the artistic aspect of our chosen profession is still alive and well....Not being as adept as those here I have to find my own satisfaction in that the patient at least likes their dentures which complement their overall looks...Having done several patients with flat ridges and unstable dentures I am finding the Neutral Zone impressions accepted very well....I have done three or four of these and will do more due to client demands....The Neutral Zone dentures look like something out of the twilight zone but man the patient response is really good so far....and the acceptance is good also. One lady actually keeps her lowers in at night and takes the uppers out....that made me feel really great after learning she was edentulous for about 8 years prior....It was really rewarding to learn she was chewing solid foods after a few days.....I guess we all have to find our own realms of practice.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
While I understand your lust for detail and admirably so, this is really fine work here....I may never get to that level being a late starter. It must give you all a great feeling to know that the artistic aspect of our chosen profession is still alive and well....Not being as adept as those here I have to find my own satisfaction in that the patient at least likes their dentures which complement their overall looks...Having done several patients with flat ridges and unstable dentures I am finding the Neutral Zone impressions accepted very well....I have done three or four of these and will do more due to client demands....The Neutral Zone dentures look like something out of the twilight zone but man the patient response is really good so far....and the acceptance is good also. One lady actually keeps her lowers in at night and takes the uppers out....that made me feel really great after learning she was edentulous for about 8 years prior....It was really rewarding to learn she was chewing solid foods after a few days.....I guess we all have to find our own realms of practice.
curious to know how you went about your neutralzone technique, can you share? thanks.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I build a stabilized baseplate on the lower ridge or rather bowl....I insert a wire frame where I think the teeth usually are placed. Then I build up with Tempo tissue conditioner until it forms a ridge around the wire frame. While I am building it up I will get the patient to say different sounds like oooo ahhh and eee and go through a series of tongue and cheek movements....This will form a functional impression which I will use as a guide in placing the lower teeth. It is like forming the buccal surfaces to adapt to the muscles in a range of patterns....Normally in these types of super resorbed ridges I will prescribe 0 degree teeth. this si because they are usually not that adept at replicating centric anyways.....I will do a facebow and vertical registration....Then I will transfer to articulator....I will make a silicon index of the surface of the finished impression and use that to finish the acrylic too....Patients will often wonder what the heck is going on....But when I try them in they are quite pleased because there are no musclular forces dislodging the denture at all and they do seem to stay in place....The posterior teeth inevitably fall in Pounds Triangle somewhere but the anterior teeth are placed using the silicon key of the original impression.....I will use the functional neutral zone impression to contour and set the lower teeth....Can also do this for the upper as well once the amount of facial support has been determined. Result is a convex buccal surface rather than a convex buccal surface we normally shape. Since there is not that much contacting bone I will polish most of the intaglio surface on the lower. Result is that the patient keeps them in place even when chewing and when speaking....I guess that is why they call them neutral zone....hope this helps....there are a few books on it but it seems to be a long lost art but I do a lot of rest home patients who cannot be prescribed implants....while they are not implants they do tend to be more comfortable and to me that is important in the geriatric wings.....