Changing Milling Burrs or Tools on Mikro 5x? Sierra tools.

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Just bought some sierra milling tools for my Mikro and need to change them out. is there any procedure to tell the mill what im putting in or just change out the burrs? Cant find the answer and I'm in a hurry if anyone can help me out.

Garland Dental Services

Garland Dental Services

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi Nvarras7 -
Barring any manufacturing differences between AG and Sierra, as long as you're swapping, for example, a 2.5mm carbide for a 2.5mm carbide, the machine doesn't care. Any other questions, please feel free to contact Daniel here at 800-981-6414. Hope that helps! -Rebekah

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the lengths of the neck and the overall length will make a difference in collision check, the composition of the tool material will change its rpm rating. even between batches i've noticed big tool companies like Datron have material consistency issues. some batches of tools for me start to explode around 40k rpm. and others are fine.

i suppose thats why most CADCAM companies make turnkey solutions with 20k rpm in mind.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
the lengths of the neck and the overall length will make a difference in collision check, the composition of the tool material will change its rpm rating. even between batches i've noticed big tool companies like Datron have material consistency issues. some batches of tools for me start to explode around 40k rpm. and others are fine.

i suppose thats why most CADCAM companies make turnkey solutions with 20k rpm in mind.
Remember exploding writable CDs when the speeds got too high on cheap ones? That'd shake your concentration!

Top Bottom