Changes for preciso exocad

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I got a somewhat disturbing call from Jensen today. They told me that exocad now charges every year a dongle fee and if you don’t pay, it will stop working. Same as 3 shape.
I was also offered to go with Chris Brown for tech support instead of Jensen and they offered me an open source exocad version. No prices were given.
To me it sounds weird, like they are trying to get rid of me. Why would any company send a customer somewhere else? Unfortunately, I have a lot of oddball cases and I am running into limits quite often which requires tech support to find a workaround solution. I guess I am too much of a burden??!!
This is profoundly disturbing the longer I think about this.
Anyone had similar calls form them??

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Never been a huge fan of Jesen, but I dont think exo is changing, yes if you want the newest version you must pay to get it and updates for that year, but dont think it is turning into the way 3shape is.

Join the face book groups exocad experts and exocad begginers. Free fifty free support 24/7.

Might be time to look for another support source.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
never heard of that just Exoplan and Chairside because these are medicine produkts with floating license therefore you must have always the latest version !!!!!!!! either its no medecine produkt ( special thx to FDA) no medecine produkt no use and black screen.

C

charles007

Reaction score
If Jensen made any changes, I bet there going to start charging a yearly Exocad Support fee like all the other Exocad resellers do. Not paying doesn't cutoff the use of Exocad, just lose Support and new Updates.
Think there maybe a huge misunderstanding in this conversation.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If Jensen made any changes, I bet there going to start charging a yearly Exocad Support fee like all the other Exocad resellers do. Not paying doesn't cutoff the use of Exocad, just lose Support and new Updates.
Think there maybe a huge misunderstanding in this conversation.
hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed_1f91e.png

N

Nan Simpson

Reaction score
I got a somewhat disturbing call from Jensen today. They told me that exocad now charges every year a dongle fee and if you don’t pay, it will stop working. Same as 3 shape.
I was also offered to go with Chris Brown for tech support instead of Jensen and they offered me an open source exocad version. No prices were given.
To me it sounds weird, like they are trying to get rid of me. Why would any company send a customer somewhere else? Unfortunately, I have a lot of oddball cases and I am running into limits quite often which requires tech support to find a workaround solution. I guess I am too much of a burden??!!

Our Jensen rep called us a few weeks ago and told us exocad is increasing rates on the yearly update fees but it's still optional if you want to pay those anyway since you can always catch them up later if you want. She was actually tryign to save us money by letting us pay before the increase if we wanted. Our rep hasn't ever offerd us an open source version though. What does that mean anyways? It sounds like maybe you get to buy modules that Jensen doesn't sell? Taht's probably why they gave you that other person's name so you would be able to do your oddball cases? We get some oddball cases too so we better talk to Jensen to see if we can do that too. Very interesting.

K

KIM

Reaction score

Just to help clarify the situation... Exocad has added options to its fee structure, one of which is a "Flex license" which has a lower up front cost (Vs. renewing an existing license that hasn't been renewed in years). Jensen opted NOT TO offer this type of license as there is a yearly renewal fee which is required to keep the software running (Much like the original 3shape business model). Your Preciso CAD software WILL NOT shut off.
I believe your rep was trying to address your questions about certain modules that Jensen doesn't currently offer in Preciso CAD when they offered that another Exocad re-seller could potentially help you if you felt these modules (Bar module, bite splint module, for example) were critical to your business. This would basically require you to transfer your existing license to that new re-seller and they would, consequently handle all of your software questions as a result. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions!