Change Colors for Pre/Double Prep?

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Hey all: quick question. In the scan software for 3Shape, the Double Prep is pink, and the Pre-Prep/Waxup is blue. Once it's in the design software, though, they're both blue. We have a case with some finicky alignment with the the tissue and it's much easier to get it aligned in the design software than it is in the scan software, but it's hard to see when both models are blue (since we're trying to get the tissue to line up on both prep scans, information which isn't there on the working model).

Anyway, long story short: is there a setting somewhere to change these colors in 3Shape, so it's easier to distinguish between the two?

Thanks!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Ready to open a can of worms. Fun times ahead. Head it can be done, it's all in the a XML file somewhere on the hard drive. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Woof... that is a can of worms. I was worried that might be the only answer after going through the control panel and finding nothing. I might tinker with that somewhere down the road when I'm not worried about busting anything too vital. Laugh Thanks guys!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Woof... that is a can of worms. I was worried that might be the only answer after going through the control panel and finding nothing. I might tinker with that somewhere down the road when I'm not worried about busting anything too vital. Laugh Thanks guys!
playing with that part of the control panel is not playing with anything vital.

thats one of the advantages of the 3shape control panel, it is segmented and compartmented so that unless you go through the whole thing and change tons of stuff, you really can't break it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just back it up first and then who cares what you change. Being able to change it back makes it trivial as long as you keep records of what you changed so you know how to do it next time.

Edit:
Perturb and Observe is a great way to understand a system that you are learning. I find it quite useful anyway. But that's how to know how to fix something that someone else goofs, you've done it and know how to undo it.

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lol, what color did you want to change the double pre op to?

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Lol, what color did you want to change the double pre op to?

It doesn't matter much, as long as it's different from the pre-prep. Maybe pink? So it'll kinda match the double-prep in the scan software.

I'm sure I'll play with it down the road and make it any color I like. Make it chrome yellow just to mess with technicians opening it up one day, lol.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter much, as long as it's different from the pre-prep. Maybe pink? So it'll kinda match the double-prep in the scan software.

I'm sure I'll play with it down the road and make it any color I like. Make it chrome yellow just to mess with technicians opening it up one day, lol.
Set it to invisible/clear if you want to have fun with someone.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
051953bc9747915641135b80f96bc1c4a383eb-v5-wm.jpg