Challenging case on #8,9 any thoughts?

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
So this pictures are driving me nuts right now. I been staring at them over few days and my mind is about to explode. First i tried MTBL3 cutback on incisal and stained to lil less than shade B1 because the photo dr sent me B1 looked lil more yellowish than her teeth. But when i finished the glazing it has too much glossy feeling. As you can see in the photo her teeths feel dead... like no shining or glossy feeling like how normal teeth have. And i feel some grayish overall. the crowns arent tried in yet but i m thinking of redoing it with LT BL3 and shade lil bit with lil bit of cutback and add enamel. What do you guys think? if i do full contour on veeneer the thickness can go upto .8 or .9mm the crown has more than 1.4mm. Any opinions are appreciated!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3281.JPG
    IMG_3281.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3282.JPG
    IMG_3282.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3285.JPG
    IMG_3285.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3289.JPG
    IMG_3289.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3288.JPG
    IMG_3288.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3280.JPG
    IMG_3280.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 133
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Watching intently and glad I'm a denture guy right now.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Looks like a LiSi MT-B-1. No layer, just a low temp glaze.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Any opinions are appreciated!!!!

Try MO1, on both. The neighboring teeth are not ‘esthetic’ and with MO1 you block out most of the underlying colors. When doing the wash, give it the desired shade. You still have to layer, though...

If in doubt, I go one ingot ‘more opaque’. I have learned it the hard way... As a matter of fact, as soon as I layer, I choose LT, on most of the cases (unless the prep shade looks like it is on the pics above). It seems, even with MT, the results are slightly low in value.

(Cue the LiSi comments...)

Hope that helps,

M

Last edited:
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Wrong answer... Admin, please delete this post...

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
So this pictures are driving me nuts right now. I been staring at them over few days and my mind is about to explode. First i tried MTBL3 cutback on incisal and stained to lil less than shade B1 because the photo dr sent me B1 looked lil more yellowish than her teeth. But when i finished the glazing it has too much glossy feeling. As you can see in the photo her teeths feel dead... like no shining or glossy feeling like how normal teeth have. And i feel some grayish overall. the crowns arent tried in yet but i m thinking of redoing it with LT BL3 and shade lil bit with lil bit of cutback and add enamel. What do you guys think? if i do full contour on veeneer the thickness can go upto .8 or .9mm the crown has more than 1.4mm. Any opinions are appreciated!!!!
Do you have pictures of your first attempt in the mouth?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Looks like a LiSi MT-B-1. No layer, just a low temp glaze.

Not knowledgeable on LiSi but, I think you are right, stain and glaze should work in this particular case.

(I want to add: If this LiSi MT-B1 is enough to block-out the underlying colors!)

M

Last edited:
Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Do you have pictures of your first attempt in the mouth?

The first attempt is not in yet. I just have strong feeling it wont be matching too well so i have trying to do another before 1st insertion. As you can see even the shade tap looks glossy and shinier than her teeth. And my crowns are already looking like that shade tap

user name

user name

Reaction score
Is Lisi MT B1 same as Ivoclar MT B1?
No, its not the same. Less bright, a bit less color.

I use a couple different temps for glaze, as well as different glazes. Just depends on the finish I want to achieve. On something less glossy like those, Id not use InSync or Ivoclars newer glaze in the jar. They can get too glassy. Id use the old e.max fluoro in the syringe and only go up to 700, maybe a bit lower.

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
No, its not the same. Less bright, a bit less color.

I use a couple different temps for glaze, as well as different glazes. Just depends on the finish I want to achieve. On something less glossy like those, Id not use InSync or Ivoclars newer glaze in the jar. They can get too glassy. Id use the old e.max fluoro in the syringe and only go up to 700, maybe a bit lower.

Oh Lisi is less bright than ivolclar ingot? Or other way around?
Good thing i have all the glazes i will try to use old fluro glaze. Thnx for the tip!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Oh Lisi is less bright than ivolclar ingot? Or other way around?
Good thing i have all the glazes i will try to use old fluro glaze. Thnx for the tip!
My experience and observations are the e.max looks brighter in my hand than the LiSi, but in the mouth the e.max looses value. Neither one is perfect in all cases, you just have to have them on hand and have a little experience with each so you can know what to expect.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Should be 2 crowns and not a veneer and crown. It doesn't make sense to veneer the discoloured tooth.
This case cries out for 2 crowns to avoid open embrasures in my opinion.

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
My experience and observations are the e.max looks brighter in my hand than the LiSi, but in the mouth the e.max looses value. Neither one is perfect in all cases, you just have to have them on hand and have a little experience with each so you can know what to expect.

got cha! thanks for ur advices! appreciate it!!!

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Should be 2 crowns and not a veneer and crown. It doesn't make sense to veneer the discoloured tooth.

I totally agree with you on that!

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
This is the only way.
Too many moving targets.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Didnt you make stump dies accordingly? You should be able to tell if it is blocked out, they will have to be stained with a stump die to match..

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Didnt you make stump dies accordingly? You should be able to tell if it is blocked out, they will have to be stained with a stump die to match..

problem is I cant tell if I can trust that shade tab he chose for that patients teeth. Neither of them seem right to me.