Cerec Scan Body DME for 3Shape

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Hey all. We received stls from a Dr using a Cerec scanner. The case wasn't imported into 3Shape from Sirona, we just took the stls he exported and plugged them into a new case manually. This usually works fine, except we got a scan with this scan body:
scanbodies-for-omnic.jpg

From what I can see, this is specifically a Cerec scan body. Are there any DMEs that anyone knows of that will allow me to align to this scan body in 3Shape?

The implant is a Nobel CC RP, if it makes a difference.

Thanks!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I could help if you had exocad. Sirona puts things on major lockdown. I dont know of anyone with pirate .dmes around here, but if there are let me know!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nothing available as of now that i know about. But saw a guy on facebook did a video but tried to reach out and nada!.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
IMO if youre only using 3shape today, youre going to have issues.
Agreed. We just got a demo for Exocad. As soon as we have the spare time to practice with it more and learn the interface, I sense we'll end up having a bit of a transition. Exocad doesn't seem to have these sorts of problems anywhere near as often as 3Shape does.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
3shape stopped being king of the hill when they decided to stop having vision.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Agreed. We just got a demo for Exocad. As soon as we have the spare time to practice with it more and learn the interface, I sense we'll end up having a bit of a transition. Exocad doesn't seem to have these sorts of problems anywhere near as often as 3Shape does.
This is definitely off topic, but,. BirthdayBirthdayBirthday. I hope you have a great day Sarah!

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Happy Belated! been too busy stuffing myself to pay attention to other people this weekend.

i'm not even sorry.

A

Avillon007

Reaction score
The only way you can design it is using inLab software and you will have to buy sirona Ti base.
Another option is buying tru abutment Ti base or mill custom abutment with them
You can also use inLab 18 to design implant model then scan it with 3shape

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
yes I think you may be right on that, I didnt have anything in the exo library that would work for that..

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
I should take a shot every time I hear that inLab is the only apparent solution to the problems I keep having with this one doctor.

Then I wouldn't have to worry about anything anymore.

G

gmachuca2

Reaction score
I could help if you had exocad. Sirona puts things on major lockdown. I dont know of anyone with pirate .dmes around here, but if there are let me know!
Could you provide us with a library for using those scanbodies!? I need it for Exocad

G

gmachuca2

Reaction score
Could you please help me, I need a library for Exocad for those scanbodies

K

Kayla4390

Reaction score
Do you have a dme for the scan body for exocad??