Cerec connect files to STL

X

xbrxx

Reaction score
I have Cerec. con files and need to convert them to STL. Anyone know of a cheap way of converting them without going through Sirona?

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
Do you mean the Cerec IO scanner? We have an mcxl and inlab software SW16.1 and we receive files via Cerec connect all the time and export to STL so we can mill dry on another mill. Perhaps you could send to a lab and have them convert for you.

X

xbrxx

Reaction score
KTR, yes, i have doctors who send me their intraoral scans in .STL format. Usually its a Trios/Emerald/Omnicam. I have a doctor who wants to send me the .CON file since he doesn't have the ability to export to .STL on his blue cam. I don't work with Sirona inLab, and don't want to invest a chunk of money just for a few cases and deal with Sirona. Any one out there that can convert on a case by case basis?

B

Breen Dental Solutions

Reaction score
Xbrxx, if you can get the files sent to you as .inlab files we can convert them for you.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
The only file his bluecam can export is .con or .dxd.

No one know how to do it, or want to make a couple extra bucks for beers? :)
all this guy needs to do is upgrade to 2016 software to get the open format export baked-in functionality. otherwise if he gives you a dxd you will have to find someone with an inlab pre-2016 to convert it within the sirona system, export as .lab, then import that .lab file to a new version of sirona software to get .stl files

thats HOW. virtually nobody is set up for that though.

good luck. just pay the damn money.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have a doc with version 4.25 or 4.52 software. There is an export as .stl button on the screen. Should the doc be able to send the file to me and I can open it in exocad? He can't seem to get it to work for him, is there something I can do to help?

C

Chad Gardner

Reaction score
He’s gotta export in the model phase. I’ll bet he’s clicking forward to the design phase.

doug

doug

Reaction score
So if he exports to me in the model phase he can then just skip the design phase since I'm going to be ding the case from that point forward, correct? I'll talk to him tomorrow and see if he'll test it that way. Thanks!

B

Borela

Reaction score

Here I show how you can convert .lab to .slt for free. But the video is in portuguese.