Cerec 3 could work using exocad?

I

Irwin Pastrana

Reaction score
Hello Guys
I have my Cerec 3 milling machine, but my blue cam is not working properly , so I have this Shining 3D to scan and design with exocad, I'm wondering If I install one of the newest software from cerec CAM (versión 4.3 or 4.4) in my desktop I could probably do the next workflow:
- scan with shinning 3D
- design with exocad
- export my design to cerec CAM software
- and mill with my Cerec 3
Thanks

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hello Guys
I have my Cerec 3 milling machine, but my blue cam is not working properly , so I have this Shining 3D to scan and design with exocad, I'm wondering If I install one of the newest software from cerec CAM (versión 4.3 or 4.4) in my desktop I could probably do the next workflow:
- scan with shinning 3D
- design with exocad
- export my design to cerec CAM software
- and mill with my Cerec 3
Thanks
Cerec take a CDT files and not STL. Unless you can convert. I still have my cerec compact with 2 red scanners. I can’t wait to see if the parameters work from one newer software to an older one.

I

Irwin Pastrana

Reaction score
Cerec take a CDT files and not STL. Unless you can convert. I still have my cerec compact with 2 red scanners. I can’t wait to see if the parameters work from one newer software to an older one.
The newest sirona softwares allows you to convert files into STL that's what I've herd .

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
The newest sirona softwares allows you to convert files into STL that's what I've herd .
It is a license that you have to buy every year between $3000 and $3500 unless they got smart recently in which I doubt it.