Cercon Scanner Pros and Cons

mdli04

mdli04

Reaction score
Does anybody have any input on this scanner, good or bad? Also wondering about there outsourcing lab Compartis? Considering purchasing wondering if I could get some feedback. Price is nice but it's a closed system. Thanks for any feedback!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Dont do it. Its sooo basic, it can only do frameworks. They know its dead. Thats why theyre giving it away. As for compartis, I dont have any problems. They print and induction cast FC crowns, laser sinter NP frames, and are just about to release colored HTcercon for FCZ.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
I will also re-inforce that... don't get sucked into Dentsply's promises! This machine is archaic! 2 big complaints.. no dual scan. 2nd, it's impossible to do multiple singles unless you design each seperately because the program requires you to sprue multiples together.. it's so backward and useless. So for example, if we have a 6 anterior case, they come from compartis sprued and we have to cut them apart (and this is after they are sintered).. plus think about what it does to the path of insertion for blocking out... just messed!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We accept Cercon scans and will gladly cut the connectors before sintering.

That's rediculous that they would not cut apart in the Green.

Are you making your connectors as thin as possible?

This technique works just fine, making tiny connectors and tricking software to make many singles, but designed as a bridge. I find it WAY faster this way vs/ designing one at a time. Produce one file and not six files. The whole process is way faster from beginning to end, including CAM software and machining process.

Anyone wanna try to beat me in time to design? go ahead. It won't happen.